Wtb nicer mushrooms

lsingh

Curious how well those retain their color when they multiply (not manually propagated)? I've got a really cool swamp green one which is producing like colored offspring, but some of those crazy tie dye ones would be completely amazing if their offspring all looks like the parent.

• 2 weeks later...

Curious how well those retain their color when they multiply (not manually propagated)? I've got a really cool swamp green one which is producing like colored offspring, but some of those crazy tie dye ones would be completely amazing if their offspring all looks like the parent.

I'd like to know this too...

Also, swamp green? Pics? [emoji75]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I have any pictures of it, I'll see if I can get one. I threw it on one of my frag racks a long time ago and completely forgot about it. I think there's 3 or 4 of them stuck to the rack now.

Does anyone have a good guide on the types of mushroom corals? Mine has that chunky rough looking texture of a Rhodactis but they're staying small, like ricordea size. I've got some Actinodiscus that hitchhiked on frags, but this looks absolutely nothing like those at all.

I'll try to get a picture, I'm sure someone can identify it. The jawbreakers remind me of it in texture and at least the size of the ones I've seen.

I don't think I have any pictures of it, I'll see if I can get one. I threw it on one of my frag racks a long time ago and completely forgot about it. I think there's 3 or 4 of them stuck to the rack now.

Does anyone have a good guide on the types of mushroom corals? Mine has that chunky rough looking texture of a Rhodactis but they're staying small, like ricordea size. I've got some Actinodiscus that hitchhiked on frags, but this looks absolutely nothing like those at all.

I'll try to get a picture, I'm sure someone can identify it. The jawbreakers remind me of it in texture and at least the size of the ones I've seen.

I've see discosoma/actinodiscus sp. with rough texture, and I'm 99% certain the jawbreaker/tie dye/gameover shrooms fall within that genus. The roughness on their skin seems pebbly or warty when it occurs. Rhodactis sp. tend to have a rougher texture to the actual bumps as well, like a frilly or ruffled edge to their bumps. It reminds me of the way lichen grows on rocks as opposed to the skin of a toad.

Not to hijack this thread but I suspect we'd both be interested...[emoji75]

Archived