Livestream, looking for better cameras

I've got a livestream of my tank going neaaaarly 24/7. I'm still mucking with it a lot so it'll go down occasionally on weekends when I'm changing things up or cleaning tank.

https://www.youtube.com/alexmorse/live

Currently I'm using an old iPhone, and an old android on either end of the tank with apps that provide RTSP streams. Then my PC grabs those and streams them to youtube.

It's a cool setup and cost me $0 additional since I had the phones laying around... but they really don't deliver very well on quality. The android does pretty well on resolution, and better at white balancing, the iPhone is more stable but really seems to have trouble streaming enough bandwidth to make an hd picture.

I'm trying to find some gear to replace them with so I can have a real HD stream. I tried a logitech USB webcam over the holiday, and it does quite a bit better on resolution... not as good at focus, and for white balance I'd probably need to do some post processing (

)

The (now nest) dropcams are great quality, and very nice wide angle, but not very open and I'd have to do some reverse engineering to get them to be able to be usable for this on youtube.

Ideally I'd like to find some ip cams that can handle HD streaming, good constant auto focus (or options), that don't require me to connect direct with USB to the PC. I've been searching around and there's a lot out there, but not a lot of expertise. If anyone's worked with IP cameras that are reliable and high quality output, I'd love some recommendations!

I'm using this one:

Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P (1920TVL) Wireless WiFi IP Camera, Black

I have a previous Foscam FI8910W (sitting on my closet shelf if you're interested) that this replaced. The main reason I replaced it is the Amcrest has the ability to zoom.

Attached are a tankshot as well as the apexfusion with embedded video feed:

post-884-0-33165200-1480608279_thumb.png

post-884-0-69404900-1480608284_thumb.png

Archived