Aggressive Pavona

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to control / eradicate pavona? I had a small green ORA piece that I all but forgot about, and it's starting to take over a much too large portion of rockwork. I plan on fragging off some pieces but it encrusts fairly close to the rock so isn't easy to remove.

Was thinking pasting some kalk paste over it when I'm doing a water change. I hate to get rid of a nice looking coral, but this one is going to take over everything eventually.

I'd do exactly as you outlined... break off the branching portions, then kalk the base and you're done.

Sort of figured that's my only reasonable option.

It's a nice looking coral and not especially fast growing, but I can just tell it will basically encrust through anything. Would probably be a good one for a FOWLR. Light mint green color, doesn't brown at all. Probably the most indestructible SPS I've ever seen. Far more tolerant than monti's, I'd put it closer to GSP for hardiness.

I'd do exactly as you outlined... break off the branching portions, then kalk the base and you're done.

Sort of figured that's my only reasonable option.

It's a nice looking coral and not especially fast growing, but I can just tell it will basically encrust through anything. Would probably be a good one for a FOWLR. Light mint green color, doesn't brown at all. Probably the most indestructible SPS I've ever seen. Far more tolerant than monti's, I'd put it closer to GSP for hardiness.

I like it's very unique, fractal-like growth pattern as well. But you're right, my old colony was indestructible.

Archived