Apex Fusion

I want an apex and occasionally run across them used. I'm very tempted to just buy one new out of fear that the used one will be more difficult to set up. I want this tank to be as fully automated as it can, eventually. I dont mind the work but its a nice assistant.

I'm also having a lot of trouble trying to figure out if it's best to get it all at once, (go big or go home), or start small and up grade. The Neptune website is actually very vague. I can't find a good website to do comparisons, options, and pricing.

So questions:

*Is it easier to buy new?

*Do I start small and add as I go or get it all at once?

*Is there a good resource for comparisons, options, explanations, ect?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

User base is definitely who you turn to. The new version has lots of cool features and bells and whistles but used is fine as long as all components are there's no noticeable water damage.

It is cheaper to get the full version rather than starting small and adding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first when you get it, it will be very overwhelming to set up. Take it step by step and watch the videos like juiceman suggested. I bought one new and one used, to me it really wasn't much different. I waited till around Christmas when brs put them on sale and snatched one. Not sure if they will do it this year with the new controller. As far as price, they all cost about the same brand new, haven't found any website that was cheaper than another!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easier to get new, and honestly you may not save a whole lot getting used. However, as people upgrade to the newer version, you may find the older model come down in price on the used market so that's a possibility.

They are intimidating at first, but after you get it set up, that's about it. You can certainly ask for help on here and other online resources and they can really help you get it set up easily.

All you need is one that has pH, Temp. Conductivity and ORP is not really that important to monitor, plus the probes are finicky. Depending if you want it to integrate with your lights, you will need to make sure your lights are Apex compatible and you may have to get another module.

Good info. All good things to consider. I have noticed all the ones that are being sold used are the older ones. I think I would rather pay for a new one knowing this.

I'll keep an eye out for sales just in case too.

I forgot to ask earlier, what's the difference between the Gold and the WiFi? Other than $200. I see the WiFi come with an auto feeder, and a pretty orange power box, but what's the difference? I know the gold and below all need to be connected to a modem, I'm guessing the WiFi doesn't, per it's name?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Archived