Automatic Alk Monitoring

brian.srock

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I appreciate the technology but I won't do it unless at the price Isaac mentioned.
But my alk hasn't really waivered for the last 3 months so I see less utility in it... More insurance than anything and I'll pay $250 for insurance, not $1000.

I assume there haven't been any price releases? I I assume there haven't been any price releases? I still hold fast to the estimate that it'll cost over $800. I think it serves as a great tool when first starting a tank or when the system is going through a state of transition. Once a tank is tuned and everything is humming along smoothly then it'll only serve as a form of insurance like Ty said. And if you have other fail safes in place for a CaRX then it may be overkill at a price close to a grand. I'm interested to see where this technology leads the hobby though. It would be neat to have it connected to a doser that will add extra Ca and alk in the afternoon when consumption is at its highest and keep levels as stable as possible. Next level reefing then haha.

28 minutes ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

I assume there haven't been any price releases? I I assume there haven't been any price releases? I still hold fast to the estimate that it'll cost over $800.

The Alkatronic will be $700 to $800 according the the article.  Also there is the KH Guardian Monitor available for $600. (https://reefbuilders.com/2017/06/26/new-kh-guardian-monitor-tracks-alkalinity-for-half-the-price/). 

31 minutes ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

It would be neat to have it connected to a doser that will add extra Ca and alk in the afternoon when consumption is at its highest and keep levels as stable as possible. 

I believe the KH Guardian does this (for alkalinity).

Details on Neptune's entry to the market: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/neptune-trident.322205/

Its capable to monitoring Alk, Ca & Mag.  The cost looks to be the most reasonable so far,  but its still on the "premium" side of things.  The bad thing its it says it will require the newest Apex model, which counts me out.  I'm hoping the last bit isn't true.

i hope not... the new energybar per outlet monitoring i got... not enough processor power... but this is just readings.  if they limit it to just new apex's, its for sheer greed.

Archived