SCA 66g tank

Jimbo662

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Last video of the tank before the transition... I forgot to clean the glass so it's not that pretty.  :-(

I'm actually trying something different and immediately saw positive results as you can see how everything is nice and inflated and lots of polyp extension. I put a powerhead in both the skimmer and return sections. it prevents detritus from building up and it's either collected by the skimmer or the return pump pulverizes it up and sends it back through the tank. I tested the water 2 or 3 days after starting this.  phos was .05 and nitrate was about 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B72Ib_m18cs

4 minutes ago, phamily said:

Wow those acans are huge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah...they'd been looking a little puny for a while and I read a thread on R2R about someone that used the powerheads in the sump. I figured why not try to keep this new sump clean and see what happens.

14 minutes ago, BobcatReefer said:

*goes looking for that extra powerhead*

I had a couple of extra cobalts laying around and used those.

If you've got a lot of detritus in there I'd clean most of it out first. ;)

Mine is fairly clean, and I think the only powerhead I have is a bit strong for this application, but I might swap that one for the one running my GFO/C reactor.

BTW - love the vid!  Those Acans, and everything else, for that matter, is fat and happy!  Dig seeing the corals I have in my tank that I got from you in there too!

Archived