SCA 66g tank

Jimbo662

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Picked up an amazing blasto at aqua farms yesterday.  I've never seen a translucent blasto before.
First pic done in RAW format to see how it looks on the forum. 

Pink Blasto.jpg

Is it perhaps slightly bleached? Looks like it'll darken into a red blasto eventually once it regains color? I'm just shooting in the dark here so feel free to ignore me, I only know colorful sticks these days.

Several weeks ago I installed an CO2 scrubber to try to help raise / maintain a slightly higher PH. While it worked one down side was the air intake into the skimmer was reduced so it began running much wetter than I like.  I took it offline while trying to come up with a solution.  This morning I pulled out an old air pump and hooked it up to the air intake of the canister. My PH had been dropping all morning and I could see immediately where it leveled off. The best part is the skimmer has continued to run exactly as I had it set.

Skimmer Cup.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, diesel3443 said:

Sweet tank.  How do you like the SCA build quality.  Im about to pull the trigger on their 150g

I think they're great.  This is the 2nd one I've had.  Yeah, I've been eyeing the 150 also for when I finally end up back in a house.  The only downside and it's small in the scheme of things is the plumbing they include.  On both of my tanks I've tossed theirs and did my own.  They use a thin walled pvc and plastic hose.

• 1 month later...

Archived