SCA 66g tank

Jimbo662

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glorious Jimbo! I've actually been looking pretty hard at the SCA-66, did you end up going with the black finish or the "matt black" oak on the stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the standard black MDF stand. I bought the package deal off Amazon. I really like the tank. Dimensions are really good.

Ummm... that's not how you use a media bag. Do you want me to make an instructional video for you? [emoji12] kidding.

Tank looks great sir. Always a clean installation by you.

HA...when I was taking the picture I actually thought I needed to move it out of the way but then thought "ah screw it".

Thanks...it's almost there!

I found out yesterday 8020 takes about two weeks to deliver so it'll be a while before I can hang the new light. :-(

A couple more things done...

UV attached to the stand. Just need to get the pump / tubing added.

post-2872-0-88052000-1475785835_thumb.jp

T5's arrived...I guess this pic only shows the important part of the light. :-)

I only had a portion of the LEDs turned on.

post-2872-0-13751800-1475785910_thumb.jp

UV? You didn't tell me you were planning on that? What wattage? What flowrate?

Yup...it's 18w and gonna be slow flow at about 60gph.

Nice! You're part of the UV club. That makes... uh... you and me. [emoji57]

UV? You didn't tell me you were planning on that? What wattage? What flowrate?

Yup...it's 18w and gonna be slow flow at about 60gph.

Nice! You're part of the UV club. That makes... uh... you and me. [emoji57]

Ha...I finally admitted to myself that I'm not the best at keeping things "clean" and figured it would at least help in a few different ways.

Getting closer. Started sharing water between the tank and frag tank yesterday. Probably another two days of that and I'll be able to just move everything over without having to acclimate every single thing in the tank. I've got two temp probes set up so I can match the temps in the two tanks.

I'm soooooooooooo pissed! I'd planned to move everything from the frag tank to the big tank tomorrow afternoon. Just got home and found my Naoko's wrasse on the floor! He couldn't have been there for more than half an hour...he wasn't completely dried out yet. doh.gif

Or maybe he had been watching the new tank and thought he could make a jump for it...

I've got some clear mesh over the tank and weighed down all the way across the front and back with a piece of pvc. He must have hit the side edge hard enough to push it up and out. :-(

It's sad... they always find a way!

A little more progress made...got the UV hooked up and running and no leaks!!! Didn't have time to take a pic yet. Also excited because my 8020 order should be delivered today so I can get the new light hung!!!

Archived