Apex and Gyre Ice Cap

I am an Apex newb. But, I got the Gyre Icecap controller working with my Apex by following the CoralVue video on this setup.

After configuring it I found that I have complete control of the Gyre via the Apex 0-10v port, including full stop. I also plugged the gyre power supply into the EB8. But, now that I see how the Apex/IceCap setup works, it seems like having the gyre power supply on the EB8 is kind of a waste of an EB8 port.

So, Apex folks, any opinions on that? Is there some value in keeping the Gyre power supply plugged into the EB8?

I've asked that of myself as well. At this point I still have mine plugged into the EB8, but that's more a function of laziness than anything since I don't need anything else to be plugged in to it. The only thing I haven't figured out yet (not that I've really tried) is to see if I can slow the Gyre's down or even turn them off using just the speed functions when in feed mode. If that can happen, then I don't really see any reason to do so.

Same here. I have my gyres' power supply plugged into the EB8 even though I have no need to. I just don't have anything else that needs those power plugs.

If you have the battery backup, turning the outlet off doesn't even turn off the gyres, the battery will kick in and it will go 30%. You have to turn them off using the 0-10v outlet.

If you have something else that can use those EB8 outlets I would remove the gyres.

Same here. I have my gyres' power supply plugged into the EB8 even though I have no need to. I just don't have anything else that needs those power plugs.

If you have the battery backup, turning the outlet off doesn't even turn off the gyres, the battery will kick in and it will go 30%. You have to turn them off using the 0-10v outlet.

If you have something else that can use those EB8 outlets I would remove the gyres.

Oh I do have the battery backup, just haven't hooked it up yet. Great point! I'm gonna remove it. I *think* I have it programmed to turn off in feed mode Dan:

If Time 08:00 to 09:00 Then gyreRampUp
If Time 09:00 to 18:00 Then gyrePulse
If Time 18:00 to 19:00 Then gyreRampDn
If Time 19:00 to 08:00 Then gyreNight
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

I have mine not plugged into the apex, I needed the outlet.

Do y'all run your battery every once in a while so that it can drain and charge? I unplugged mine and ran it off the battery for about a day and a half and it was still going strong. The weird thing was the apex was still showing it run at my set speeds instead of a a constant 30%. It was actually running at my presets.

Archived