Help sponsor the Matz Lab with their experiment

Dan H

Dr. Matz (who's graduate student Rachel Wright is going to be presenting at C4) sent me an email asking if we could spread the word about an experiment they are trying to get funded. If you have a few extra bucks that aren't already allocated to buying more coral, consider putting it to good use in the name of SCIENCE!

https://experiment.com/projects/can-we-analyze-dna-from-fossil-corals

Sounds fantastic Dan. If we could get 50 good natured reefers to donate a Franklin to the group to help them hit there funding goal that would be amazing.

Maybe donations could get some extra door tickets or something. If not it is worthy enough to just say here you go, now help teach the world.

I wonder if Dr. Matz or his graduate student have spoken to Dr. Rowan Martindale at UT? I won't be at C4 so I can't pass it along, but she is the resident paleocoral expert at the Jackson School of Geology at UT. Cool stuff!

Sounds fantastic Dan. If we could get 50 good natured reefers to donate a Franklin to the group to help them hit there funding goal that would be amazing.

Maybe donations could get some extra door tickets or something. If not it is worthy enough to just say here you go, now help teach the world.

We've actually got something in the works like that, stay tuned...

Isn't Matz Lab the people that recently had an article on reefbuilders about those all-in-one palette sized filtration systems? If so, it made me wish I had two jobs.... those things were awesome.

edit: sorry I was thinking of MAT LSS out of Athens, Greece.... just looked it up.

I'll try to give them some of my Jon gold soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived