STN fragging to save lives

I mean, I stuck a syringe into it's tissue and filled it up like a balloon with vinegar.... I'd be really surprised if any living creature can take having it's body filled with acid. I'm not as experienced as many people here but I'm not scared in the slightest. Scared people don't get anything done. Vinegar is cheap and I've got nothing but time. smile.png The last one I did this to decided to detach and go off into the current pretty quickly. I found it in the sand bed a few days later and then it got to take a ride in the commode. Go be invincible in the chlorinated sewer water.

If anything comes back I'll definitely update and let you all know.

Yup. Our PC Rainbow is the canary in the coal mine. First to get upset, but recovers very quick. It's already almost fully colored up.

I had to frag up one of my wild colonies this morning because it was half dead. Two branches started STNing last night and I snipped them off and superglued around them, but I guess it wasn't enough to disrupt it. I hate that I can't figure out why my more delicate species do this (seemingly) randomly. The only thing I can think of is my parents stayed the night one day ago and the CO2 levels in the house spiked and the pH of the tank dropped down to 7.82 thumbsdown.gif

I'm hoping the fragging preserves this coral for me.

I had to frag up one of my wild colonies this morning because it was half dead. Two branches started STNing last night and I snipped them off and superglued around them, but I guess it wasn't enough to disrupt it. I hate that I can't figure out why my more delicate species do this (seemingly) randomly. The only thing I can think of is my parents stayed the night one day ago and the CO2 levels in the house spiked and the pH of the tank dropped down to 7.82 thumbsdown.gif

Oh good, those sea spider rolls that I released in your tank are doing their thing! Kidding.

Was it one that was looking unhappy already or did it happen out of nowhere?

Oh good, those sea spider rolls that I released in your tank are doing their thing! Kidding.

Was it one that was looking unhappy already or did it happen out of nowhere?

It was definitely more brown than colorful. It hasn't looked happy in a while, so maybe something was the tipping point...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived