Cheap instant ocean at petsmart

Thanks

Instant Ocean $26 a bucket
Reef crystal $32 a bucket

+15% off when you buy online and pick up in store. (Not that many of the Austin locations have any buckets left)

Perfect throw away salt for the QT!

Thanks!

Thanks for the info! I use use Reef Crystals for my display and Instant Ocean for the sea horses. Managed to snag some and get an additional 15% off that I didn't know you could get.

Do people not use IO in their displays anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally use Coralife for my QT tanks and only in the DT when I'm having issues and will be doing another water change within a week.

If I plan on leaving the water in the tank for a while I use Red Sea Coral Pro.

My main reason for using RSCP is that I don't really test my water and therefore don't dose any supplements/elements to the tank. So I rely on the RSCP to provide the tank with what it needs with normal water changes.

If I used the regular IO, I would probably want to test and make sure that ca/mg/ etc etc were all up to par and dose anything I needed to. Too much work.

I don't typically use the Reef Crystals because in my past experiences it mixes up really dirty compared to RSCP. Lots of leftover gunk in the WC buckets to deal with cleaning out.

But for this price I got 2 buckets each and will use IO for the QT's and Reef Crystals for the DT and just watch to make sure everyone is happy. I can do 2x the water change in the DT with reef crystals and still come out ahead of what RSCP cost.

How long is this deal running for?

Online it says it runs through 6/5, but seemed to be limited to on-hand stock in the stores. By now I assume all of them are gone. I don't know if they plan on getting more in before the sale ends, or if you might be able to talk a manager into a raincheck.

Do people not use IO in their displays anymore?

Instant Ocean was the salt mix of choice when I first started. I switched to Coralife when they first came out with a mix. I thought the free t-shirt was the coolest thing ever! I started to buy other brands when they stopped offering the free shirt. I didn't notice any difference and went back to IO exclusively six years ago.

Instant Ocean $26 a bucket

Reef crystal $32 a bucket

Thanks for the sale! I tried stock up this morning, but every store was out of stock. Unfortunately, there wasn't an option to ship to store.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived