Long time lurker, new freeloader member

Microherder

Hi everyone, my name is Kevin, and I showed up to the last two meetings. I've been lurking off and on for years though, and happy to be a participating, if not contributory member :) I've met Ty via another avenue and I've visited Patrick a couple of times at his coral ranch.

I've had a 29 biocube setup for a few months, but its been running for a few years at my mother's house, and for an unknown amount of time with the previous owner. Due to some probable upcoming home renovation, I will probably move it back to her house and I will be just another future reefer once again for a bit.

My interest came via FW Planted tanks, where I had a 75 set up for a few years and miscellaneous smaller ones for a few years before that. Right now, the 75 is a vivarium set up for dart frogs but frogless. I've also dabbled in hydroponics in the past.

I've read about a dozen books on reef tanks (fond of Moe...), but have wanted to have the stability of space and finances to take the plunge. I'd prefer to set up a robust system once I do. For now, I've been considering dabbling in some DIY projects to get practice and maybe trade, and am leaning towards making some rock. Once I set up a system, I'm interested mainly in the diversity of life, especially the little critters, and macroalgaes. For corals, I lean toward the soft and colorful, and I think a clam would be cool. Not very interest in fish yet (except a mandarinfish), but I bet I will be once I get into it more.

I had a devil of a time signing up for the forum; I thought it was an ad or script blocker, so I fiddled with that and then tried a diff browser. Turned out...mistaken assumption on the security question. Thought a human would review the answer to verify I was a human (as there was also already a captcha), so to 'What kind of fish is nemo?' I tried to be clever and said Oscellaris Pixari. Turns out, a computer has the final say on whether I'm human, and just wanted clownfish. So finally I am here, after being rejected as human a few times...sad.

Hey Kevin! Glad you decided to post and come out of the shadows. Small world sir... glad we got to chat for a bit at the last meeting and hope you'll make more meetings.

If the ARC staff needs me to vouch that you're human, be happy to do it. [emoji6]

Hey Kevin! Glad you decided to post and come out of the shadows. Small world sir... glad we got to chat for a bit at the last meeting and hope you'll make more meetings.

If the ARC staff needs me to vouch that you're human, be happy to do it. [emoji6]

Yeah, but who is going to vouch for you, Ty?

I've heard on good word that FarmerTy's stamp of approval is being adopted worldwide as an international symbol for quality workmanship and integrity. [emoji6]

I heard this same symbol is stamped on all the GBR bleaching reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard on good word that FarmerTy's stamp of approval is being adopted worldwide as an international symbol for quality workmanship and integrity. [emoji6]

I heard this same symbol is stamped on all the GBR bleaching reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! [emoji26]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived