June Meeting at Me con Bistro (tom2's restaurant!) 6/18 at 2PM

Dan H

There is no specific speaker. The idea was to talk about some of the pro's and con's of some of the essential forms of filtration:

Bioballs

Skimmer

Sand Beds

Macro Algae

GFO

Carbon

etc...

How about this... I'll take on a few that I'm familiar with and you take a few you're familiar with? I can talk about skimmers, Sand beds, and perhaps GFO/Carbon? Perhaps have you do UV, bioballs, filter socks, and any others you want to? I think the idea was to just have a brief overview of each, like a few minutes per filtration method just to talk about the how to, why, what it does, and what negatives are known.

There is no specific speaker. The idea was to talk about some of the pro's and con's of some of the essential forms of filtration:

Bioballs

Skimmer

Sand Beds

Macro Algae

GFO

Carbon

etc...

How about this... I'll take on a few that I'm familiar with and you take a few you're familiar with? I can talk about skimmers, Sand beds, and perhaps GFO/Carbon? Perhaps have you do UV, bioballs, filter socks, and any others you want to? I think the idea was to just have a brief overview of each, like a few minutes per filtration method just to talk about the how to, why, what it does, and what negatives are known.

Sure, we'll figure it out. Only thing I'll say about bioballs is to give them to your cat as a play toy and move on. [emoji4]

Ha. So maybe someone else can talk about them. I only use them to block snails from getting past the baffles of my sump into the skimmer chamber. :P

Thanks for hosting us, the food was great.

Thanks to Dan and Ty for dropping some filtration knowledge for us.

Picked up these sweet frags from the auction, quite the deal!

Green Mille

1Zi49na.jpg

Tyree Undata

7yjh0vx.jpg

Fuzzy Table Acro

mgp07yp.jpg

Blue Tip Staghorn

0paIoqi.jpg

Archived