RODI system

wesley Daniels

I've got a system from Airwaterice and it is fantastic. Plus inexpensive! If you get one, I highly recommend getting the water-softener pre-filter. It's helped my unit's filters last a lot longer. The incoming water is only between 6-9 TDS so the RO and DI don't have to work nearly as hard to make pure 0 TDS water.

• 3 weeks later...

I could use some advise. I have a 5 stage RO system. Incoming ppt 420. Output 20-25. Do I need a new RO membrane or is it doing the best it can with the water coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second question. Is it make or break for a reef tank to have the DI added to RO this system? My system does not have DI. Just RO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Q .... Getting a 95% rejection rate is still pretty good .... so that means your membrane is in good shape. FYI under perfect conditions a new Filmtech membrane will give you a 99% rejection rate ... perfect means New Filters, New Membrane, Water Temperature of 77 degrees and constant water pressure of 65 PSI.

Second Q. It reallty depends upon what is in the remaining 5% ... For fresh water fish, typically this is good enough ... If you have a $10,000 coral reef tank, folk don't want to take a chance.

Archived