150gal Tall Built in Build

ShawnM

Thanks kim you win. That is its new home now going to stink changing those filters lol. Wanted it out in the garage so I could use the waste water to water the trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should tell her that if there's ever a leak, if its in the garage, you'll have less water damage than under the sink. [emoji6]

Thanks kim you win. That is its new home now going to stink changing those filters lol. Wanted it out in the garage so I could use the waste water to water the trees

Should tell her that if there's ever a leak, if its in the garage, you'll have less water damage than under the sink. [emoji6]
This happened to me actually. The water pressure blew out the John guest fitting at the water supply and flooded my entire laundry room out into the kitchen and dining area. Caught it within inches of moving onto the wood flooring.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so just to update what's going on so far

I decided to go with the smart ATO been working great.

Tank in habitants so far are

Pink spotted gobie

Yellow corris wrasse

Blue/green Chromis

A pair of Ora misbar clowns with Sherman rose anemone (just started hosting it two days ago)

Corals are

Dan green Mille

Green slimmer

1 Florida ricordea

Dragon eye Zoas

Ordered the ocean revive LEDs been running about a week now. Look really good and the anemone definitely likes them better

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so adding a down spout and stand pipe to quiet things down what is the recommended time to let pvc glue and primer dry. I know it drys fast but want to make sure it is safe to put on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some new editions

2 Florida ricordeas

Ora screaming green birds nest

DaM titanium

1 kryptonite candy canes( neon green)

1 Zoas blue middle yellow skirt

All of these I picked up from the San Antonio frag swap/sale

Purchased before the swap was

Red plant (monti I believe)

Forest fire digi

• 3 weeks later...

What is this just started about 2 days ago this algae grows long strings seems to be like over night.

7964b60f8cc4240ecab93fb8aa6808bf.jpg

Picked up some more clean up crew seemed to help the glass looks a lot cleaner but what's up with this stringy stuff

What is this just started about 2 days ago this algae grows long strings seems to be like over night.

7964b60f8cc4240ecab93fb8aa6808bf.jpg

Picked up some more clean up crew seemed to help the glass looks a lot cleaner but what's up with this stringy stuff

I don't see the algae you're talking about. Is it showing up all over the rocks, or is it that little clump at the bottom of the rock?

It is actually showing up on the glass is 3/4 of the way up on the glass in the picture and comes all the way down to the tip of that Rock almost

That piece on the bottom of that rock is a sucked up feather duster

• 1 month later...

Tank is looking awesome except the fact that my blue hippo tang looks like it has ick hope he makes it but he is still pretty small[emoji120]

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

For now they are high enough I can get my arm under them and if I need to get all the way in the tank they get pushed back. I figured if they are a pain when trying to access the tank I will come up with a solution at that time. But most likely will be just a hook on the back wall to push them to and the hook hold them in place

• Like 1

Well was doing some work under the tank today and it dawned on me I don't here my skimmer. Went to check it out and couldn't see any bubbles and realized it wasn't on but it was plugged in. After some inspections a snail was on the intake. I got the snail off and still didn't work I had one of those ah #¥£€ moments. Yanked it out and did a deep cleaning plugged it back and and it didn't turn back on if I was seriously about to yank the skimmer back out and smash it to pieces when in kicked on as soon as I reached for it. Dodged a bullet on that one.

Which got me thinking how long has it been off. Ran it for 6 hours and I could have sworn the clearity of the water seemed a lot better (probably all in my head)

In my return pump section of my sump is a thin slimy film on the top of the water but no where else in the tank. I will try to pull it out manually and keep an eye on thing the next couple days hope nothing get too messed up.

• Like 1

After pulling out the film on the top of my return section it came out and was really a gelitan (can't spell lol) form some fell back and got sucked up by my return. Wasn't able to get any pics but it was clear out of the water but in the water looked a bit milky looking any ideas of what this was?

After pulling out the film on the top of my return section it came out and was really a gelitan (can't spell lol) form some fell back and got sucked up by my return. Wasn't able to get any pics but it was clear out of the water but in the water looked a bit milky looking any ideas of what this was?

Bacterial surface scum... Just basically dead bacteria and probably other stuff.