April Meeting at Juiceman's 4/16/16 @2PM

Dan H

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So you think it's a problem on the internet provider side? I have my own router that wasn't supplied by TW, I just assumed I hadn't figured out the settings on it yet

It's a little of both... If they have the port forwarding blocked on your time warner modem, then you won't be able to do anything outside of your network. That's the first step, then the router port forward setup is easy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In order to unblock the port forwarding, they have to set the router to act as a modem and not a router, thus allowing your personal router to be setup to your liking.. It's a lot harder to do it through the time warner router

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an adjunct to the main topic I'll do a easy DIY (IMO) waterproof camera. Online, waterproof cameras are pretty cheap but with saltwater there's the issue of metal fixtures corroding, not good for the camera or corals. An easy solution is using a little acrylic, PVC and JB Quick Weld.

In order to unblock the port forwarding, they have to set the router to act as a modem and not a router, thus allowing your personal router to be setup to your liking.. It's a lot harder to do it through the time warner router

What if I don't have the TW router? If I remember correctly I provided both the router and modem

Gig your best bet is using a VPN. Like juice said... The Timewarner setup is an absolute nightmare for port forwarding. I do a decent amount of networking and almost pulled my hair out trying to set up an ip cam using an old iPhone.

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/45834/best-free-vpn-service/

I've never personally used one of these, but I've heard a few free ones are pretty decent.

Preview of Frags that will be for sale!

Red Mille, Juicemans Blue Acro, Tri- Color Valida, ORA Ponope Birdsnest, Purple Mariculture, Roscoes Blue Acro, Ty's Original Pink Jade.

4ffd9bc89616099cbb5887ee95733584.jpg

Better pics and prices to come!

Gig your best bet is using a VPN. Like juice said... The Timewarner setup is an absolute nightmare for port forwarding. I do a decent amount of networking and almost pulled my hair out trying to set up an ip cam using an old iPhone.

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/45834/best-free-vpn-service/

I've never personally used one of these, but I've heard a few free ones are pretty decent.

Yes your are right but many users take the help of VPN for some other purpose. That's why I think it is vpn providers need to make some changes in it to restrict other users.

Meg and I will carpool with ya... If you don't mind we have stuff to bring...

Done! Car pool is full. By the way , I get 20% of all things purchased or brought via carpool. It's in the fine print.[emoji6]

A few thoughts...

Parking will be on the street and whomever is the first person here can park behind me.

Make sure not to park in front of the mailboxes or someone's driveway. [emoji1303]

We are kid friendly and dog friendly.

6fa1da37eb02f4f73bd767ea06d6e9a3.jpg

I will have them up in their kennels most of the time, but if they have someone to play will they can run around in the back yard weather permitting.

Will post the list of Frags and mini colonies for sale later today with prices!

A few thoughts...

Parking will be on the street and whomever is the first person here can park behind me.

Make sure not to park in front of the mailboxes or someone's driveway. [emoji1303]

We are kid friendly and dog friendly.

6fa1da37eb02f4f73bd767ea06d6e9a3.jpg

I will have them up in their kennels most of the time, but if they have someone to play will they can run around in the back yard weather permitting.

Will post the list of Frags and mini colonies for sale later today with prices!

How fun. I'd bring Miller, he'd love to play!! But I'm afraid it'll be raining and he's way too much for inside your house. He stays in mine, but he's not calm so wld never sit down. Lol

Here's all the parts for a saltwater proof camera.

Bullet type security camera

PVC housing

Front acrylic lens and back piece made with a hole saw that's had the pilot bit removed.

I'll bring the simple jig I made for keeping the hole saw in place while drilling without using the pilot bit.

post-1247-0-23269800-1460751244_thumb.jp

Does anyone have any asterina stars they want to get rid of? I got Harlequin shrimp to get rid of the stars..... Now I need stars to feed them. [emoji53]. Very ironic, I know. But I jst don't have the heart to throw a chocolate star (or other) in there. I'll take them all. I can even toss some in the sump

post-1783-0-95923200-1460760788_thumb.jp

1 - Red Mille - $20

2 - Green Birdsnest - $10

3 - ORA Ponope Birdsnest - $15

4 - ORA Ponope Birdsnest - $15

5 - ORA Ponope Birdsnest - $20

post-1783-0-18948100-1460760793_thumb.jp

1 - Tri Color Valida - $15

2 - Tri Color Valida - $15

3 - Tri Color Valida - $10

4 - ORA Roscoe's Blue - $10

5 - ORA Roscoe's Blue - $20

6 - White Polped Mariculture - $15

7 - ORA Roscoe's Blue - $20

8 - Red Mille - $25

9 - Red Mille - $10

post-1783-0-77101200-1460760797_thumb.jp

1 - Juiceman's Pink Tipped Blue Acro - $15

2 - Juiceman's Pink Tipped Blue Acro - $15

3 - Juiceman's Pink Tipped Blue Acro - $15

4 - Juiceman's Pink Tipped Blue Acro - $15

5 - Juiceman's Pink Tipped Blue Acro - $15

6 - Juiceman's Pink Tipped Blue Acro - $20

7 - Juiceman's Pink Tipped Blue Acro - $20

8 - Farmer Ty's Original Pink Jade - $20

I'm bringing a Black Longspine Urchin, HUGE red mithrax crab, DaM Fuzzy Table Acro, DaM Green Millipora, Purple Death Palys, Tyree Montipora Undata, Alien Eye Chalice. Woohoo!

Archived