The Maroon Lagoon V2.0

9 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Running out of real estate isn't the worst problem to have! It sure looks better than a barren tank at least

Very true! but pesky snails keep knocking my sticks off onto other corals! Most everything I purchased over the last few months from you guys is on a couple of frag racks. Soon they will have more room to grow! :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo662 said:

How wide is that GE's PCP?  Looks huge in the pic.

I'd say it's roughly half a foot wide now. Definitely running into neighbors now and shading the corals below it. Definitely need to re-home and re-aquascape all of my corals in the future :eusathink:

I've noticed that since I swapped out calcium reactors, but didn't keep the calcium rector media the same, my Mg has been steadily declining. I used to have this issue in my tank in the past so I added a bag of Neomag to my calcium reactor, which brought up my Mg levels. Since I did not transfer the remaining Neomag media into the new calcium reactor, my Mg levels have been dropping from over 1300 to 1260 today in the course of a month. Does anyone else experience rapid Mg consumption in their tanks? Both medias in my old reactor and the current reactor are ARM media, which makes me wonder if that is just overall low in Mg compared to other medias.

i had that problem last year, when i refilled my media, i upped the ratio.  3 scoops coarse arm, one scoop neomag.  This ratio is well above what the bag says, but its seems to be perfect since.  you can see layers in my reactor since i didnt really mix it in,

13 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

I've noticed that since I swapped out calcium reactors, but didn't keep the calcium rector media the same, my Mg has been steadily declining. I used to have this issue in my tank in the past so I added a bag of Neomag to my calcium reactor, which brought up my Mg levels. Since I did not transfer the remaining Neomag media into the new calcium reactor, my Mg levels have been dropping from over 1300 to 1260 today in the course of a month. Does anyone else experience rapid Mg consumption in their tanks? Both medias in my old reactor and the current reactor are ARM media, which makes me wonder if that is just overall low in Mg compared to other medias.

you need more dolomite in your life

One parameter that I haven't had to dose for in a while is nitrate. I used to dose KNO3 every week to keep my NO3 level above 1 ppm. Lately I haven't dosed at all and my levels have been over 5 ppm. I believe it's due to the fact that I finally rid my tank of that red spirulina slime algae I was battling. The rapid nutrient consuming algae is gone, therefore the nutrient levels in the tank are remaining higher with less consumption. That's my theory at least! I'm just happy to not have to dose KNO3 so frequently :)