February Meeting at FarmerTy's 2/20/16 @2PM

Dan H

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I probably should have chosen my words more carefully. My T-5's were exclusively 50/50 bulbs and I liked the look of that the best. My second choice was 14k, which is a more pink, that I found to be pleasing. My new tank is set to that 2/3 white and 1/3 blue light right now. That is what the lights were set to when you saw them at my house. My knobs don't allow me to be as precise as the new model, but I try. I feel like there needs to be some contrast to the fluorescent colors of the corals or else the beauty is lost. I also like to enjoy the fish, which you can't do under blue.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things just got interesting for this meeting. There may be a pretty cool door prize one can win just by showing up! I'm hearing rumors of a "Ty The Real Estate Guy" donated used 5-gallon nano filled with some stock by your own local fish store, River City Aquatics. Details to follow but you don't want to miss this meeting! [emoji4]

Me too , ive met a few members all have been really good ppl , this will be my first meeting yeah : ) but really this club has alot of good ppl that take the time to teach and help ppl , thanks i dont think i would finish my tanks if not for the stuff ive learn and some help from you all , Thank you very much

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reminder update, the February meeting is this Saturday at 2pm. Meeting details are in the first post of this thread.

Catered eggrolls and springrolls, free gift to all persons/group of persons to attend, and a free 5 gallon nano with livestock donated by RCA as a door prize for one lucky person. Details will follow with the door prize once I get some time to get it ready to give away.

Meeting topic will be dipping SPS corals.

If you plan to attend, please respond via the poll how many are coming so I have a good idea of how much food to order. If you're on Tapatalk, you won't be able to see the poll so switch to the web view to vote.

Thanks all and looking forward to everyone coming to the house for the meeting and geeking out on reefing.

Hope to make it. Heading to SA in the morning to build a piece for my stand w/ my uncle. Shouldn't take too long, so I think I'm still good to go at 2pm. Sorry to be iffy, especially since that's like an 8 spring roll swing...

8 spring rolls! [emoji15] C'mon San Antonio traffic... Help me out here! [emoji12]

Do we need to bring anything else? I brought the two gallons of tea last year and I think they drank it all up!

I'll have some soft drinks on hand and water but I don't think anybody will turn down tea if you bring it. If the weather is nice, we may even move it to the backyard since I can fit more people back there.

Don't worry, my backyard is plenty shady for those that burn like no other like my wife does.

Alright folks, I got a head count of 22 people coming this Saturday for the meeting at my house. Anybody else planning to attend, please respond via the poll so i know numbers to order eggrolls and spring rolls for everyone. I'll put in the final order Thursday. I plan to over order anyways so I can eat the deliciousness all through the weekend as leftovers. That backfired on me last year because apparently, the people on ARC can throw down some Vietnamese food!

Don't forget to check the follow box on the main page to FOLLOW so you never miss a meeting announcement> http://www.austinreefclub.com/forum/1-monthly-meetings/

Also if you can't make this meeting you can still catch it and all of Ty's antics afterwards since we'll be recording it.

Don't forget to check the follow box on the main page to FOLLOW so you never miss a meeting announcement> http://www.austinreefclub.com/forum/1-monthly-meetings/

Also if you can't make this meeting you can still catch it and all of Ty's antics afterwards since we'll be recording it.

Are you going to bring the high definition TV make-up?

Archived