February Meeting at FarmerTy's 2/20/16 @2PM

Dan H

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, meeting reboot! I'll have spring rolls and eggrolls on order for this meeting as a big thank you to the ARC community for putting up with me as a professional sponsor and also putting up with me as the guy who posts way too much on a daily basis! My apologies!

One free gift to all groups/families that attend, can't give everyone one... I'm not rich! [emoji6] It's nothing big so don't get crazy excited but you won't leave empty handed.

I'll have some exciting frags in my frag tank to clear out as well so I can shut it down. Help me out! Also, please bring frags for the auctions. They've been going really well and people have been scoring some crazy cheap corals!

There will be no fish in the tank yet until March 3 so you'll just have to look at all the boring corals instead. For those of you that must look at a fish or two, there is a fish tub in the office that I'll give tours of by request. [emoji16]

Lastly, the topic will be dipping SPS. I'll walk you through my own method for dipping new frags and also demonstrate some alternative dips that you can use as well. I hope some of you will find it interesting.

I'm looking forward to having everyone over!

-Ty

• 2 weeks later...

Teaser pics for those that will be attending. Besides the SPS dipping demonstration, I'll let you in on an old family aquascaping trick that was passed down from generation to generation in my family. Traced all the way back to the Shang dynasty when the ruling class of China first setup their saltwater reef tanks in clay tanks. Alright, not really but fun to say... [emoji12]

79dbeaa5b301d08d6ce0a5733faa30aa.jpg

485cff3721f9c88757d640c448ea4a9d.jpg

d1ebde42c64ea5f3ac830f42644e398b.jpg

05750da9aec6eaf72bca8b93d55c2d4a.jpg

One free gift to all groups/families that attend, can't give everyone one... I'm not rich! [emoji6] It's nothing big so don't get crazy excited but you won't leave empty handed.

-Ty

You get an SPS frag! You get an SPS frag! Everyone gets an SPS frag!

Make mine Northern Lights, kk tyvm

Teaser pics for those that will be attending. Besides the SPS dipping demonstration, I'll let you in on an old family aquascaping trick that was passed down from generation to generation in my family. Traced all the way back to the Shang dynasty when the ruling class of China first setup their saltwater reef tanks in clay tanks. Alright, not really but fun to say... [emoji12]

You know you're perpetuating the stereotype right? Did you do four hours of calligraphy and two hours of Tai Chi before you installed those chop sticks? I ate two sauerkraut brats, drank three steins and played with my Russian dolls before I wrote this.

Don't go all Oprah with me! She's actually rich! I'm not!

Haha, after Tai Chi but before my abacus lessons. We actually have a ton of those disposable chopsticks from my rehearsal dinner from my wedding a couple years ago. Might as well put them to use!

Can you retake the picture with blue lights? That's all i'm use to now and not bright white.

That was hilarious! I needed that! Brian helped me out with the SoaSA swap and if you stood at one end of the frag swap and looked down to the other, you'd see this cascade of blue lights and then one oddly bright white setup where Brian and I sat. I felt so out of place not running a ton of blue that I turned my whites down a bit just not to offend people. I even had one guy ask me if I can turn up the blues to look at some coral!

Does everybody run blue tanks at home these days and I'm just the old dinosaur that still runs my white?

Can you retake the picture with blue lights? That's all i'm use to now and not bright white.

That was hilarious! I needed that! Brian helped me out with the SoaSA swap and if you stood at one end of the frag swap and looked down to the other, you'd see this cascade of blue lights and then one oddly bright white setup where Brian and I sat. I felt so out of place not running a ton of blue that I turned my whites down a bit just not to offend people. I even had one guy ask me if I can turn up the blues to look at some coral!

Does everybody run blue tanks at home these days and I'm just the old dinosaur that still runs my white?

That's funny! Have that be your trademark thing and everyone can find your set up the easiest :)

I still run my tank white all day, but the early morning and late evening the lights fade from/to blue just to enjoy the color differences.

That's funny! Have that be your trademark thing and everyone can find your set up the easiest :)

I still run my tank white all day, but the early morning and late evening the lights fade from/to blue just to enjoy the color differences.

I felt like people were going to run me out of the building with those lights.

I exclusively run 50/50. Blue tanks highlight one beauty and lose the rest. I'm glad you brought it up because I was thinking that I'm the only one running anything above 450nm.

I currently run 1:3 blue to white and I love it.

Archived