Isaac's 180+

Isaac

lights fade up you see a shadow walking through the majestic woods.  some french music begins to play.... a clearing emerges,,, light fades away...

"eau de ous-ton.  odeur de champions des marais."

cut scene.

Moral of the commercial? when doing some maint in the sump, dont forget to turn the algae scrubber flow back on, or it will cook and smell of saltwater marshes drying out and general slimy death smell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

lights fade up you see a shadow walking through the majestic woods.  some french music begins to play.... a clearing emerges,,, light fades away...

"eau de ous-ton.  odeur de champions des marais."

cut scene.

Moral of the commercial? when doing some maint in the sump, dont forget to turn the algae scrubber flow back on, or it will cook and smell of saltwater marshes drying out and general slimy death smell.

🤮[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Speaking of, how big a pump do you run on your ATS? Is it controlled with a valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read having the ATS off the manifold was basically cleaning clean water. It was best to run a separate pump in the first chamber (“dirtiest”) Water for it to work to its best potential. I wanted to run mine off my manifold as well, but am reworking it to the front of my sump. I have a spare sicce .5 with my ATS have a 2’ head loss. At 280 gph, I’m hoping it will still be enough for the slow trickle required. We shall see. Plus, it’s the perfect footprint for the bubble chamber! Lol

i put a stub on the end of my manifold so i could expand it if needed *wink*

point of my ATS was to clean out what the mechanical couldnt. so off the manifold works fine.  plus gets clogged less.

i put a stub on the end of my manifold so i could expand it if needed *wink*
point of my ATS was to clean out what the mechanical couldnt. so off the manifold works fine.  plus gets clogged less.

I do value your input very much. I kick myself a lot for not putting the unions in my water mixing station like you suggested last summer. I will eventually cut those in. Lol. I had the fittings to expand as well. Male adapter and cap, but I just didn’t have the space. I’ve been so wish washy on this manifold bc I didn’t wanna do it and then regret not doing something later, that I’ve been frozen. So, I finally fail F IT!!!!! And just went for what I have here. Lol. I will add one more tee for a simple Water change area, but that’s it.

• 2 weeks later...

so, i noticed a couple aiptasia on the "drain side" of my sump 2 weeks ago.  Got an aip-eating filefish.  checks on it yesterday... i had 20-30 mini ones!  the pump/return side still had noting thankfully.

So about every 2 years, i seem to drain/disconnect my sump and clean it out.  this time around i drained/disconnected it... put it on a couple furniture dollies and hosed it off.  then i scraped every surface.. rinse, then i powdered every surface w/ kalk. about 10 mins later, filled it up w/ water again, let it sit.  ask i manually cleaned everything that belonged it the sump, they went into this super-kalk tank to soak.  all the heaters that had those rubber ends on them.. removed.  Limiting surface area for things!

then rinse twice, finale fill/rinse w/ prime. everything back in.

its crazy how clean a clean sump looks.  Now i need something to hold a filter tray above a filter sock.  I'm abandoning the bioballs finally.

20180820_105223 (Medium).jpg

20180820_105235 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

chiller loop.  it circulates 40 degree water through it when its on.  my water chiller is what restaurant/softserve places use to cool equipment, i just adapted for my tank.  essentially, i have an HVAC condenser ouitside, and an evaporator coil inside a tank of water.  that tank circulates water though water "circuits" or channels.  I have one going to my server closet, one to my beer fridge, and one to aquarium.

Funny Mine is a fish food fridge. Just happens to have beer in it sometimes.  Too bad I didnt know you when I hosted servers out of my house. Cooling a bank of scsi hard drives was a bear.
Mine is strictly a beer fridge which happens to hold fish food. I have my priorities in life.

10 hours ago, FarmerTy said:
13 hours ago, Dogfish said:
Funny Mine is a fish food fridge. Just happens to have beer in it sometimes.  Too bad I didnt know you when I hosted servers out of my house. Cooling a bank of scsi hard drives was a bear.

Mine is strictly a beer fridge which happens to hold fish food. I have my priorities in life.

i see how it is... all you offer guests is water?! no love for the union.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jolt said:

Mmmmmmm  nothing quite like a Squid 'n' Krill Stout !!

That gives me an idea of my next beer!!!

Believe it or not there is a brewery in New Zealand that has a beer made with oysters. They have another beer brewed with ants. Someone out there is sure to have a taste for it!