Introduction to me

aggieMEDIC

Howdy,

Im Rob and im a reefer (well i try). there is a chance i may be moving to austin for a new job. so i thought i would hang out here and see what your guys are about.

I am new to SW my first and only tank is a 24G JBJ Nano 20lbs LR, 20lbs LS, the list of inhabitants are as follows:

Longnosed Hawkfish, Lawnmower Blenny, 5 Green Chromis, small yollow/orange zoo rock, feather duster, GBTA (not too green, not too bubbly), sun coral, Birds Nest, Xenia elongata, sand sifting starfish,a really cool red starfish that is only an inch full size, Green ricordia with 3 mouths, GSP, some kind of SPS, Kenya tree, 2 pink frilly mushrooms. and a cleanup crew of 3 snails (cant remember the kind) and multiple blueleg hermits

I have a 55g that we will hopefully be setting up after the move, i want to set it up now but my wife (the level headed one) has convinced me to wait until aftre the move. I have applied to Austin-Travis County EMS, gone through the hiring process and just have to wait my 2 weeks to find out if i got the job. so we will see. i have been a club and Forum member of DFWMAS here since may of this year. enjoy the meetings and such, and im looking to learn as much as possible.

anyway that is me in a nutshell.

Howdy

Rob Yarger EMT-P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok it is official. I will be moving to the austin area in the middle to end of oct. i have been offered a postion with Austin Travis County EMS as a paramedic.

Soooo much to do. i havent even started looking for a place to live. we have found a few places in pfleugerville (sp??) for some good prices.

i have heard alot about places to look and stuff but cant seem to decide on any area in particular to live. anyway if anyone has any ideas we are looking for a 3-4 bedroom (new baby and sister-in-law with us) house with 2-3 bathrooms yard (three dogs) etc. ---to RENT--- our credit sucks but that is a different story. plus i dont want to get down there and then find that i dont want to stay where we are if i find an area i like better.

anyway i am excited to be moving down ready to start this new chapter in our lives.

any and all advice will be appreciated.

thanks

• 1 month later...

ok the days left in dallas are dwindling. I will be moving down to austin on sat the 28th, and putting all our stuff into storage. then ill be crashing at a buddies place for a week, then staying at some extended stay place for another 2 weeks. then hopefully we will be renting a house just before thanksgiving.

we are looking in plum creek in kyle found a house we can afford and stuff. so anyway looking forward to meeting some of you in the future. and im going to have to find all the LFS down there.

GKarshens did you ever find a fair price for those rics? man i like the look of those.