Announcing the November ARC meeting and auction (Saturday, 11/21 @ 3PM)

Dan H

RSVP  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all! I've been asked by Mike to take over as the meeting coordinator. Since there isn't much time between now and the scheduled meeting, I'm just volunteering my home again. We are going to try something new and hopefully exciting - we are going to have an auction!

Please RSVP if possible, but more importantly, show up!

Dan and Meg's house

6305 Maury Hollow

Austin, 78750

Time:

3PM - 5ish

Topic:

Calcium Reactors - setup, use, tuning, etc..

Live Auction:

Starts at 4PM!

Here are the rules:

• You must be a premium member of ARC to sell items in the auction
  • Anyone can buy in the auction
  • Sellers must mark their items with:
    • Your name
    • What it is
    • If you have more than 1 of the same thing, number them
    • Reserve price - only for big ticket items such as hardware or very rare/expensive corals
  • A secretary will record who buys what during the auction and the prices.
  • This is a live auction, so you must be present to bid/win.
  • After the auction, buyers will pay the secretary then collect their purchases
  • Sellers will collect payment from the secretary after the auction
  • If payment is made directly between the buyer and seller, please notify the secretary

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! We've had really good turnouts the last 4 meetings (20+ people) when we actually had one scheduled. I'm glad you're running with this!

I'll have some good stuff for the auctions... CaRX, Sicce Syncra 12 return pump, lots of corals, and maybe an awesome SPS frag pack or two. Looking forward to it!

Awesome and I'll put it down. If you think of a topic, let me know.

It's either going to be an SPS dipping primer, how to keep SPS, or the Ins/Outs of a Calcium reactor. We can start a January monthly meeting thread when appropriate and can have people vote on which they want to see. [emoji4]

Ah those would be great topics.

If anyone has a topic to suggest for this meeting, feel free to suggest.

Actually, if you do "How to keep SPS" (which probably should include dipping), we could do CaRX for this meeting... That way if you're bringing your old CaRX for the auction, we can use it as a hands on demo, plus then we have mine to show a second one. Sound good?

Some quick setup questions.

-Will the auction be inside?

-What should we bring? Table?

-Who's the Secretary?

-How are the bids recorded? Just a blank sheet in front of the item for people to fill in their bids? Anonymous?

-When will the auction end?

-For payment, if buyer paying with Paypal, how will the collection work through Secretary? Should the sellers leave their PayPal payment address with the Secretary?

-Is it easiest to leave a picture of a coral for the auction or do people normally bag it and leave it out for the auction? Plan was to keep everything prebagged in a 5-gallon bucket and just print up a picture of the coral for the auctions.

Auction will be inside.

We will have a table to lay out the items.

The secretary is me for this first run.

I can record the bids on an Excel spreadsheet or sheet of paper. It's a live auction, not silent.

Auction ends when items are sold.

If buyer pays with paypal, they can pay me and I can paypal others.

Pictures are fine, but bagging each coral is better so people can see it laid out on the table.

No limit on how many items you can bring.

You can set a reserve, which we'll use as a starting price. However please only do this for high dollar or rare items.

Thanks for the quick answers Dan! This is going to be very exciting! I wonder how much my old CaRX will go for!? snack.gif

Or my FarmerTy SPS pack I'm going to put together! I'll do a zoa one too but Pham will probably put me to shame with his zoa collection!

Hopefully it'll go well. We used to do these at the WMMAC, and it was pretty fun, plus a great way for noobs to score some good deals.

I'll add the topic as Calcium Reactors. That way we can use your old one as a demo, and show mine as one that's "in action".

So it looks like we're going to be putting in quite a few frags for the Auction.

So far for sure:

DaM Blue Acro (probably more than 1)

DaM Pink Tabling Acro

Green Surashoni

Super Mario Zoas

Gatorade Zoas

Candy Apple Pink Zoas

Blue Steel Zoas

So it looks like we're going to be putting in quite a few frags for the Auction.

So far for sure:

DaM Blue Acro (probably more than 1)

DaM Pink Tabling Acro

Green Surashoni

Super Mario Zoas

Gatorade Zoas

Candy Apple Pink Zoas

Blue Steel Zoas

Can we get auction item photos? I'm sure everyone would love to see them.

If you'd had shown up at my house a week early, I'd turn the hose on you! Naturally, it would be RO/DI water coming out of that hose with 0 TDS.

Get out of here you bunch of reef nerds! [emoji23]

Dan is so much nicer than me!

LOL.. I wish you had a camera cause I though to myself "Why is there a solicitor at my door on a Saturday afternoon? I'm going to yell at them." Glad I didn't. :) But I'm sure the look on my face was priceless.

It was fun giving you the pre-game show and talking reef-nerd. Hopefully you'll make it back this coming Saturday and score some good stuff in the auction.

Which reminds me... Meg ended up fragging a bunch more zoas yesterday. God of wars, Some pink things that I have no idea what they're called, and for the first time we fragged some of our Wolverines. Hopefully some of these are healed up by next weekend and make their way into the auction.

And no, she still has not fragged the purple people eaters. ;)

Don't forget the meeting is tomorrow!!!

Meg and I plan to put in quite a few frags to the auction, so I'm certain y'all are gonna score some good deals!

Anyone else bringing frags to put in the auction, give us a preview?

Archived