2015 Reef Savvy Dream Tank Giveaway

olaggie01

And congrats on the tank. You will love it.

Instead we need to change our elite reefer status to reef savvy club smile.png

There are a couple others floating around austin and a know of one other for sure on the way.

I say that if Ty wants to take off with Dos so he can do automatic water changes let him. smile.png

If Ty buys the big tank, then I'll throw in the DOS. smile.png

Agreed. Let's get RSC going.

Done on RSC.

Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown to Ty. smile.png

Water changes? Bigger tank??? Never!!! You can't make me!

• Like 1

Can you win something every weekend from now on? This QB woe is starting to get annoying.

Anyway, more pics! I can't wait to see all the goodies. It'll be like Christmas came early, except super awesome gifts you don't pretend to be happy to receive.

Agreed. I plan to document every 'present' that I go in hopes that it provides some advertising for the sponsors and St. Judes

• Like 1

NEPTUNE APEX HAS LANDED!!!
Thank you Neptune. What a great surprise on Sat morning. Even got to wear my Neptune Orange shirt for halloween.
APEX GOLD
DOS
SHIRT
TOWEL
All the goodies.

This is going to be like the 12 days of christmas!

Yup. 2 gallons of muratic acid. Be very careful. Don't inhale.

Any reason why to do an acid bath over curing it for a few weeks? I'm curious because I'm in the process of curing some Marco rock and the dry rock I bought from you and wondering if I should go the acid route instead.

Yup. 2 gallons of muratic acid. Be very careful. Don't inhale.

Any reason why to do an acid bath over curing it for a few weeks? I'm curious because I'm in the process of curing some Marco rock and the dry rock I bought from you and wondering if I should go the acid route instead.

To be honest, you should really do both. The acid wash removes the very top layer of the rock and opens up the pores on the rock allowing the PO4 to leach out (as I understand it). I plan on putting that rock in a tub to cycle along with some GFO or LaCl to help pull out any PO4 with some other clean LR that I have.

NEPTUNE APEX HAS LANDED!!!
Thank you Neptune. What a great surprise on Sat morning. Even got to wear my Neptune Orange shirt for halloween.
APEX GOLD
DOS
SHIRT
TOWEL
All the goodies.

This is going to be like the 12 days of christmas!

Agreed. Countdown to tank time.

Congrats! It's going to be an awesome tank. What is your acid bath schedule going to look like?

Threw the rocks in for an hour then washed them off. I don't want to lose too much of the rock to the acid. The rocks were pretty clean anyways but I'd rather take the extra step and $10 and get them glistening white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on doing the same thing with my next tank, whenever that will be. It's totally worth that extra insurance that you'll be starting pest free. Is the acid bath safe to just empty into the yard or did you have to do something special?

I plan on doing the same thing with my next tank, whenever that will be. It's totally worth that extra insurance that you'll be starting pest free. Is the acid bath safe to just empty into the yard or did you have to do something special?

If you are worried dump a thing of baking soda into it to neutralize the acid.

If you are worried dump a thing of baking soda into it to neutralize the acid.

Agreed. I flushed mine into the side yard with a lot of water. We've gotten so much rain lately that I'm sure it didn't make much difference. But the baking soda would be a very cheap alternative.