2015 Reef Savvy Dream Tank Giveaway

olaggie01

That garf bonsai is looking good! Is that an orange passion?

Hey John, yes, that's the Bonsai that I got from you. It's settled in nicely and encrusting. It's odd in that one branch has a white hue while the other are solid purple.

And that is the RR Canada Orange Passion. I can't wait for it to grow up. If it keeps that baby blue color with the orange polyps it's going to be really nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Wow, been a while since I have updated. I’ve got some big updates. Changing lights to an ATi powermodule hybrid. Had one on an older tank and when a slightly used one came up for sale, I jumped on it.

I’ve got pictures of all the corals for now to compare.

Still running Triton. Unsure if I’ll switch to a CARX later in 2018. I’m going to run this light for 6 months or so and then decide if I need to change regimes. It definitely grows chaeto, corals and apparently stalactites

Today is skimmer cleaning day. Always good when the skimmer can fit into a 5 gallon HD bucket for cleaning. Hot water, vinegar and turn the pump on. Self cleaning.

IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

IMG_5161.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

• 1 year later...

So for an update on the tank.

I have upgraded the sump, added a DaStaCo calcium reactor and Alkatronic. I changed the lights to an ATi T5/LED hybrid. Equipment wise, that was the last year.

Corals and fish were doing really really well for some time, then a fan fell into the sump overnight and most of my SPS corals RTN/bleached.

That allowed me to change out the sump and re-do the cabinet. It’s much cleaner and easier to work on right now.

Since Dec things have been very very stable and I’m getting amazing growth on several corals (even the few that survived). I’ll try and get some new pics up in the next few days.

I added several anthias to the tank and have another fish ordered from BlueZoo to arrive next week.

I took out the fuge when I re-did the sump and am re-thinking that. I really like the additional filtration and the pods it created.

I’ll likely add a frag tank to right side of the tank in the upcoming weeks/months as I’ve been collecting from frags again. If I do that, I may add a dedicated fuge to the frag rack. I’ll have to think how to implement that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Wow. Been a while since I've posted any updates.  Tank is still doing well.  I'll upload some pictures. Nothing new equipment wise in a few months, which, according to @FarmerTy is a really good thing :)

I lost my male clown a couple of months ago and replaced him with a little nugget of a fish.  Other than that, no other fish updates.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, olaggie01 said:

I believe it is Greg C's Ultimate Efflo.  @FarmerTy???

I have both the $500 and Ultimate that I bought from Ty at the same time and I'm terrible with names and/or remembering where I put things :)

Yes sir, should be!  And I commend your no hardware changes in a few months.  🤣😆🤣

• Like 1