2015 Reef Savvy Dream Tank Giveaway

olaggie01

Hi All,

I’ve never won anything in my life, except for a great wife and family. No idea why, but I figured I would donate to St. Judes and if I “happened” to win, then so be it.

I have been contemplating taking down my big tank for a few weeks now, and even have it listed in some classifieds. I haven’t had a lot of offers, but then again, trying to sell a 360g tank is a challenge with a limited market. I’ve had all sorts of tanks in the past, from a 10g to a 360, but my best tanks have always been a little smaller (40-60g) so the plan was to sell the 360 and setup a smaller tank. Now, the Reef Savvy tank is a 125g, so not quite in my range, but I think it will work out ok. smile.gif

Regardless, I found out that I won the raffle on Sunday morning. I saw the facebook post about the winning number and showed my wife. She couldn’t believe that we won. Her next questions was where to put the tank, as my current tank is on tile and while I like the location of where it is, I’d prefer to put the tank in with my office in the house (on hardwoods). I’m working with the tank builder to try and keep the majority of the water off the floor (assuming I’m more careful as well.).

THANK YOU TO REEF SAVVY (AND FELIX) FOR PUTTING THIS ALL TOGETHER FOR SUCH A GREAT CAUSE. THANK YOU FOR THE VENDORS FOR DONATING SUCH AWESOME EQUIPMENT.

So, with all that said, here is a run down of the equipment:

48"L x 30"W x 20"H, 125g rimless Reef Savvy aquarium built to your specifications.
I have contacted Felix and we are going with the following options.

48x30x20” 3 sided starphire Reef Savvy tank
Ghost overflow
2 returns drilled into the back*
Black back
Standard bottom (no UBS plastic)*
Armored Seams
Reef Savvy logo on bottom left above stand trim

HARD MAPLE MODERN SERIES STAND
Furniture-grade hard maple Modern Series Stand. Courtesy of Benner's Woodworking in Lebanon, OH!

I’ve been talking with Chris about the stand. I want a raised panel, knotty alder stand to match the doors in my house. Chris has agreed and we have discussed options for water retention such as an acrylic tray and sealing the inside of the stand with caulk. My other request is a light weight removeable canopy in order to keep my kids from putting hands into the tank (or trucks or the dog or or or). I have requested Chris to counter sink the tank into the stand a bit in order to keep it from sliding off the stand in the even the kids decide they want to play “move the aquarium”.

AIR-RIDE SUSPENSION CRATE
Premium air-ride suspension crate. Courtesy of Reef Savvy!

FREE RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY

SURREAL HYBRID SUMP

50G Reef Savvy Surreal Hybrid Sump shipped to your door. Courtesy of Reef Savvy!

DÕS DOSER
DÕS - Dosing and Fluid Metering System shipped to your door. Courtesy of Neptune Systems!

APEX GOLD CONTROLLER
Full APEX Gold System shipped to your door. Courtesy of Neptune Systems!

2 VORTECH QUIETDRIVE MP40'S
Dual MP40wQD pumps shipped to your door. Courtesy of EcoTech Marine!

2 RADION PRO'S
Dual XR30PROw Radion Pros shipped to your door. Courtesy of EcoTech Marine!

NYOS QUANTUM 220
NYOS Quantum 220 Protein Skimmer shipped to your door. Courtesy of EcoTech Marine!

ICECAP 4 STAGE SMART RODI UNIT
IceCap 4 stage Smart RODI unit with built in timer shipped to your door. Courtesy of SaltwaterAquarium.com!

MARCO ROCKS CHERRYSCAPE
Premium hand selected WYSIWYG CherryScape shipped to your door. Courtesy of MarcoRocks.com!

TUNZE OSMOLATOR 3155
Tunze Osmolator 3155 shipped to your door. Courtesy of Tunze USA!

REEF SAVVY REACTOR
Reef Savvy Media Reactor. Shipped to your door courtesy of Reef Savvy!

EHEIM 1262
Ehem 1262 return pump shipped to your door. Courtesy of Coral Logic Aquariums in Jacksonville, FL!

AZURELITE
Orphek Azurelite LED flashlight shipped to your door. Courtesy of Orphek USA!

RCORAL PRO SALT
175G bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro Salt mix shipped to your door. Courtesy of Reef Top Aquariums in Miami, FL!

MULTI TEST KIT
Red Sea Reef Foundation Pro Multi Test Kit shipped to your door. Courtesy of ReefBox Aquariums in Miami, FL!

REFRACTOMETER
Red Sea Refractometer shipped to your door. Courtesy of ReefBox Aquariums in Miami, FL!

ORA FRAG PACK
6 premium cherry picked frags from ORA shipped to your door. Courtesy of Oceans Reefs and Aquariums!

HIGH DEF CORALS
$250.00 worth of premium corals shipped to your door. Courtesy of High Def Corals!

LRO CORALS
$300.00 worth of premium LRO corals shipped to your door. Courtesy of Living Reef Orlando!

CHERRY CORALS
$250.00 voucher for Cherry Corals. Courtesy of CherryCorals.com!

ROD'S FOOD
One year supply of food, and a Rod's Food T-Shirt shipped to your door. Courtesy of Rod's Food!

SEACHEM AQUAVITRO BASKET
Seachem Basket featuring the entire line of Aquavitro Marine supplements, Matrix Carbon and Phosguard. Courtesy of Ocean View Aquariums in Miami, FL!

PHOSBAN REACTOR 550
PhosBan 550 Reactor shipped to you door. Courtesy of Two Little Fishies!

PHOSBAN 454G
PhosBan 454G shipped to you door. Courtesy of Two Little Fishies!

JULIAN'S THING
Julian's Thing shipped to you door. Courtesy of Two Little Fishies!

MAGFEEDER
MagFeeder shipped to you door. Courtesy of Two Little Fishies!

SEAVEGGIES
SeaVeggies Purple Flakes shipped to you door. Courtesy of Two Little Fishies!

BANGGAI CARDINALFISH
Banggai Cardinalfish Book by Ret Talbot, Matt Pedersen and Matthew Wittenrich. Shipped to your door courtesy of T.F.T. Distributors!

INVERTEBRATES
Invertebrates: A Quick Reference Guide by Julian Sprung. A must have for every reefer. Shipped to your door courtesy of T.F.T. Distributors!

DOCTOR ECO SYSTEMS
12 bottles of Doc's Super Eco Eggs and Doc's Eco Bytes, 12 bottles of Doc's Eco Brew, and 12 bottles of Doc's Eco Matter - A combination of 5 types of live copepods and 1 L shaped rotifer.
Shipped quarterly to assure freshness. Courtesy of Doctor Eco Systems!

CORAL MAGAZINE
1 year subscription to Coral Magazine. Courtesy of Coral Magazine!

• Like 3

MARCO ROCKS have been delivered.

Can't say enough about the packaging and quality of rock from Marco Rocks. Very nicely done. A very nice mix of rock to chose from. Naturally flat pieces and cut flat pieces. Should make aquascaping quite enjoyable.

Unpacked the rock and into the bath they go.

Wow... That's going to be amazing. Congratulations!

Congratulation!

Thank you both. I'm really excited. I've spoke to Felix at Reef Savvy a few times and Chris at Brenner's Woodworking and have all the details worked out. I'll update once I have some more information on the status of the tank / stand.

Wow wow wow!!! I donated to that the last two years with no expectations. That is so cool!

wow...congrats!!! i donated also but obviously I didn't win...

Thanks both. I will continue to donate year after year. Great cause and a great guy in Felix for putting this together. I'll request to donate my tickets for the raffle of course.

He said I could come over and help him open all the boxes!!! Woot woot! Congrats bud! rock.gif

Anytime Ty. Bring a box cutter but leave your cargo shorts behind. I don't want you sneaking off with something. smile.png

Foiled again by your genius sir!

He said I could come over and help him open all the boxes!!! Woot woot! Congrats bud! rock.gif

Anytime Ty. Bring a box cutter but leave your cargo shorts behind. I don't want you sneaking off with something. smile.png

Foiled again by your genius sir!

What's the saying? Can't BS a BSer? :)

• Like 1

And congrats on the tank. You will love it.

Instead we need to change our elite reefer status to reef savvy club :)

There are a couple others floating around austin and a know of one other for sure on the way.

• Like 1

Instead we need to change our elite reefer status to reef savvy club smile.png

There are a couple others floating around austin and a know of one other for sure on the way.

I say that if Ty wants to take off with Dos so he can do automatic water changes let him. smile.png

If Ty buys the big tank, then I'll throw in the DOS. :)

Agreed. Let's get RSC going.

Instead we need to change our elite reefer status to reef savvy club :)

I say that if Ty wants to take off with Dos so he can do automatic water changes let him. :)

If Ty buys the big tank, then I'll throw in the DOS. :)

Agreed. Let's get RSC going.

Done on RSC.

Sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown to Ty. :)