the jolt 1̶5̶0̶ 180

jolt

Upon closer inspection, I'm very jealous of the wiring. If mine wasn't already turned into a rats nest, I would totally be inspired to redo mine better.

Thanks Dan, that's why my build is slow, I redo everything 2 or 3 times until I am happy :(

Weekly update (a little late)

Static leak test, so far so good. It's filled just to overflowing the emergency drain with the return gate valves full closed.

And my white 1/4" john guest line to the RODI reservoir in the garage worked like a champ at 1/4 gallon per minute!

Will move on to the return pump in a day or so when I get a chance!

post-3460-0-69357700-1471993840_thumb.jp

• Like 3

So, sadly I had two PVC joints with drips under pressure on the manifold/return side of things. Arghhhh!

Guess I will have to tear things apart and rebuild a bit. I'm pretty sad about that :(

So, sadly I had two PVC joints with drips under pressure on the manifold/return side of things. Arghhhh!

Guess I will have to tear things apart and rebuild a bit. I'm pretty sad about that sad.png

Man, I would just add glue around it and leave it be. It will fuse the fittings together and you'll be in business!

I had a small leak once mine was tested also.

This is also where unions come in handy!

Guess I will have to tear things apart and rebuild a bit. I'm pretty sad about that sad.png

Man, I would just add glue around it and leave it be. It will fuse the fittings together and you'll be in business!

I had a small leak once mine was tested also.

This is also where unions come in handy!

Yeah I have lots of unions. I had the whole business removed from the stand in under 5 minutes. I'm thinking I will try to use some couplings to patch in replacement fittings ...

DOH...it's always a crap shoot.

[emoji33]. No it's not... It's plumbing! Plumbing tho "crap", isn't a crap shoot. [emoji23][emoji90][emoji90]

Am sorry to hear about the leaks, tho. That stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks super clean!

Thanks! We will see how it looks after I finish packing in all the remaining gear ...

I wanted to pass the leak test first, so now on to the rest of the stuff!

• Like 2

Looks super clean!

Thanks! We will see how it looks after I finish packing in all the remaining gear ...

I wanted to pass the leak test first, so now on to the rest of the stuff!

Leak test is always priority. Lol

• Like 1

Oh wow! that looks like the BRS cabinet.

We borrowed a bit of that design, yeah. But theirs has drawers and no interior space for a sump. I don't have a room behind my stand for all the equipment tho ...

• 2 weeks later...