the jolt 1̶5̶0̶ 180

jolt

UC Strawberry Shortcake at center stage   
(and photo bombing we have TCK Lightening Bolt, JF TDF, BC Brad's Insane de Fuego, JF Solar Flare, RMF Diablo mille, RMF Psychoberry, and GB Full Spectrum)
IMG_0130.thumb.jpg.a89d16ba29e02137aa5a4dc988e80a20.jpg

Continuing just below the above pic, at the center piece here is JKR Rainbow, and beside him we have Somewhere Over the Rainbow mille.  
IMG_0129.thumb.jpg.08ebfda3eed4468f64e6030355f8ff15.jpg

Left to right, top to bottom: WWC Event Horizon mille,  Cornbred Rainbow Fundip, Cornbred Maleficent, and Oregon Tort
IMG_0120-2.thumb.jpg.1edfc8ec2fa964117d8c21c0286d0d79.jpg

Wow! Great pictures and collection Jolt! Keep spitting them out, I know you got a ton more! I gotta get a piece of the psychoberry down the line! I've been jonesing for that one for awhile!

Jolt, 

Things are looking good. I still need to schedule a time to shop in person!

What is your targeted alk and No3? Do you dose No3 with Spectracide,  or is your feeding enough?

Thanks for your response. I'll hang up and listen...

I would like 5 nitrate and 0.5 phosphate.  My nitrate is actually basically undetectable though. Phosphate is measuring about 0.06. I was dosing flourish nitrogen to bring nitrates up but was getting an ulva outbreak so I stopped. That’s why I’m cleaning all the plugs and racks lol. 

I like alk at 8.4  it’s a little high right now at 9.1 because I just replaced carx media and still trying to get that dialed in  

I need to sell some frags but I don’t have time to make pretty pics. I have about 70 pieces ready to go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jolt said:

I would like 5 nitrate and 0.5 phosphate.  My nitrate is actually basically undetectable though. Phosphate is measuring about 0.06. I was dosing flourish nitrogen to bring nitrates up but was getting an ulva outbreak so I stopped. That’s why I’m cleaning all the plugs and racks lol. 

I like alk at 8.4  it’s a little high right now at 9.1 because I just replaced carx media and still trying to get that dialed in  

I need to sell some frags but I don’t have time to make pretty pics. I have about 70 pieces ready to go. 

I'd probably take one or two off your hands!  :cheer:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jolt said:

70  hum drool. 

• Like 1

Here's an extremely rare piece, I think there are two frags known to man, I'm told the Route 66 guys lost theirs (see the lineage history here

Tyree (Route 66) Moulin Rouge 

EDITED:  I mistakenly posted a picture of my Red Planet here!  You can see the Moulin Rouge a few posts below.  

IMG_0128.jpg 

BC Aquatic Man Table ready to move up to the big boy tank.  The little one in front is RR Shazaam

IMG_0111.jpg

RMF Red Devil Nasuta

IMG_0109.jpg

RR Pink Caddy grown from about 6 polyps I got from  @olaggie01

IMG_0134.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sierra Bravo said:

Soooo, next meeting/frag swap at your house?  😍

Don't stop posting pictures - I've been watching the board last few days wondering if you've cleaned the next rack yet or not.  ☺️     What an outstanding collection.

Sadly still 6 racks left. This weekend ...

Pink Caddy is looking great. It should start to branch out soon. Mine encrusted for a while then started growing vertically.

And I know where I need to shop next. Those frags look great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Here's an extremely rare piece, I think there are two frags known to man, I'm told the Route 66 guys lost theirs (see the lineage history here
Tyree (Route 66) Moulin Rouge
IMG_0128.thumb.jpg.9dba6452e27bf3a5055f5d67ba7f267e.jpg 

BC Aquatic Man Table ready to move up to the big boy tank.  The little one in front is RR Shazaam
IMG_0111.thumb.jpg.5057d5e81cb982764fe49bb715ab42f1.jpg

RMF Red Devil Nasuta
IMG_0109.thumb.jpg.85bc3a007535067caeeb825c254a5f2e.jpg

RR Pink Caddy grown from about 6 polyps I got from  [mention=738]olaggie01[/mention]
IMG_0134.thumb.jpg.699ba157bdfb446faffe09acb5ae9171.jpg

6 polyps!@olaggie01 only gave me 5 polyps to work with [emoji12]
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2018 at 8:39 AM, jolt said:

Thanks Ty!  I took photography class in high school (back in the dark ages!).  We used manual  35mm cameras, developed our own film, and printed our own pictures in a darkroom.  It's funny, I was pretty good at it but I just never had a nice DSLR camera until two weeks ago.  But we learned a lot of things in that class and I guess I retained some of it :)

• Canon T7i with stock 18-55mm lens
  • Avast XL porthole
  • RAW mode ON
  • Manual mode ON
  • F8
  • ISO 400
  • Autofocus ON
  • Image Stabilization ON
  • All pumps off
  • Adobe Lightoom CC post process
    • whitebalance 16k
    • whites +20
    • blacks +20
    • exposure + 0.39

Thats basically it.  Some of the lightroom exposure settings varied since the lighting in the frag tank is not perfectly even.   Don't think I ever went above +1.2 though

I've got a T3i and used these settings but my pics came out extremely dark.  What could I have done wrong? The one thing I don't see in your list that is on my display is shutter speed. I tried several different settings but none of them worked.

• Like 1

Hmm, I'll have to look at that when I get a chance.  I did not set the shutter speed.  I was assuming it would be automatic based on the ISO setting and the F stop setting.

@Jimbo662I took some shots today with shutter 1/80, F4.0, ISO 200.  I didd not turn off flow or pumps.  Processed in lightroom about the same as before.  Looks like this:

IMG_0144.jpg

Paletta Blue Loveli

IMG_0147.jpg

ORA Tri Color Valida

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jolt said:

@Jimbo662I took some shots today with shutter 1/80, F4.0, ISO 200.  I didd not turn off flow or pumps.  Processed in lightroom about the same as before.  Looks like this:

IMG_0144.jpg

Paletta Blue Loveli

IMG_0147.jpg

ORA Tri Color Valida

Thanks! Just did a couple of tests. I'm seeing better results...just need to play with lightroom a little more. Like you I also took a photography class my senior year in high school and had a darkroom set up at home...but unlike you I didn't retain quite as much of the knowledge!  😞

• Like 1