the jolt 1̶5̶0̶ 180

jolt

• 2 months later...

Hooray for Petco $1 per gallon sale - picked up a pair of 20L tanks. Now I'm all set to emulate FarmerTy in using TTM for my future livestock!

I don't think I'll be getting any Paly's though -- always been scared of 'em ....

post-3460-0-02756200-1460935400_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Hooray for Petco $1 per gallon sale - picked up a pair of 20L tanks. Now I'm all set to emulate FarmerTy in using TTM for my future livestock!

I don't think I'll be getting any Paly's though -- always been scared of 'em ....

attachicon.gifIMG_2216.JPG

Nice! You'll be surprised how easily you can rid fish of ich with just twelve days of no-brainer tank swaps. Now clearing the tank is another battle.

I'll make sure to sneak a paly on to the next frag you buy from me. [emoji48]

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Flash - there's an update on the world's slowest build smile.png

Infrastructure is now to the wall.. This weekend added a 20 amp dedicated GFCI circuit, blue riser cat6 for ethernet to my ONQ cabinet, 1/2" red John Guest for waste saltwater to clothes washer drain, 1/2" blue John Guest for fresh saltwater from mixing barrel, 1/4" white John Guest to RODI tank in garage, and dual 3/8" black John Guest for skimmer line up through attic to eave opening.

Also, I've decided to do a frag tank build too, and this weekend identical infrastructure is in at the frag tank location. Frag tank is 4'x2'x13" rimless planet. Currently a pile of parts in my study sad.png

Plan is to finish out the water system and then build the frag tank. Maybe I can actually buy a frag at C4!

post-3460-0-34410900-1464638552_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Yeah, decided against triton. I'm gonna run a calcium reactor.

We finalized the drawings on my stand, its gonna be really nice I think, and so Chris told me I am on a 12 week schedule for that. Which would put me at end of July. Time will tell ... I don't really see any point in asking though because my experience is they will tell you whatever and then it does not happen as promised. Sigh ...

Nice! I think you've been hanging out with Reburn too much. [emoji4]

Honestly I think Reburn is copying me

Yea that's it........

Says my older mini me and his REALTOR.......

hahahahahaha :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The frag tank is getting closer to reality ...

The tank is a Planet Aquariums custom 48"x24"x13" with a Reef Savvy ghost overflow.

Just received the stand from Benner's woodworking. It's a beauty!

post-3460-0-32820700-1465651957_thumb.jp

Now I've gotta make sense out of all this:

post-3460-0-58559400-1465652285_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Started building the frag racks from egg crate and black PVC

post-3460-0-96378100-1466967468_thumb.jp

And the ReburnTM Model-55 RODI Storage and Distribution Unit is done and pressure tested.

(includes special RichardL barrel upgrade)

post-3460-0-61957000-1466967581_thumb.jp

And started mounting the Apex components to my Bud box internal panel

post-3460-0-64762900-1466968484_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Would you mind explaining your rodi setup? It looks really cool

Sure. Starting at the top, the blue 1/4" line is supply from the RODI unit. The black 3/8" line at the top is an air vent up into the attic, I'm trying to keep the tank airtight except for this vent since it's in the garage. The vent line goes through a carbon cannister and then to a ventilation dome on the roof. The pressure loop made of PVC is attached to an Pan World pressure rated pump. This line goes into the tank through a seal at the top, so it is airtight. This loop has ball valves for the blue 1/2" supply line into my SW mixing station, and 2 1/4" white lines to my DT and frag tank locations. These 1/4" lines would be to fill ATO containers, and to initially fill the tank. Harder to see are two 1/4" bulkheads on the top. These are for future changes. Eventually I plan to move the 1/4" ATO lines off the pressure loop and set up the RODI tank as a big ATO tank, using Avast Marine peristaltic pumps to pull directly to the sump (so no extra ATO container locally at the tank). Reburn, who inspired the design, hates that last idea, but I'm gonna give it a try smile.png Each of the lines has a mur-lok valve so I can detach a given line without back draining and making a mess.

And finally, at the bottom there is a standard size hose bib. This can be fed by gravity, or it can be pressurized. It's made of PVC to avoid corrosion issues.

• Like 1