PetSmart Policy Changes/Misinformation

Makena95GT

https://www.reddit.com/r/self/comments/3e4jeo/petsmarts_policies_just_changed_and_they_dont/

Apparently this post is floating around and people are wanting to boycott working for or shopping at PetSmart.

Just to clarify, more than half on the information in that post is false. I have no idea where that store is but for one having that store meeting during a lunch break is AGAINST policy. So that shouldn't have happened.

Also nobody is having to reinterview for new positions. And there are still plenty of full time positions. I actually got promoted to one of the dull time lead positions discussed.

The full time managers had a meeting and were aware of the management structure change and were offered to move to new full time positions or could step down and be part time. As far as I'm aware nobody was 'forced' to move to part time.

-----

On another note there was also a video where a dude was dumpster diving and found a bag of fish in the trash that were still alive. Or, some were. I guess whoever received fish at that store assumed all were dead and tossed the bag. Again.. That's violating policy. The bag should have been strained to check for any life, and the living fish put into quarantine.

I'd like to say at my store I strive to do the best for the animals.. Not the customers or for the money. I was told this is one of the reasons I was promoted. My priority is animal care over making a sale or trying to please a customer.

I just wanted everyone to be aware of what's going on and hope those of you who do shop at PetSmart, especially my home store, will not follow the reddit crowd and boycott. I don't think they realize that doing so will yes.. Hurt the company.. But will potentially hurt employees like myself who love what they do and understand the structure change.

If anyone has any questions regarding ANYTHING at all at PetSmart whether it be animal care or sale or what.. Don't be afraid to ask. Some super specific stuff is confidential but I go out of my way to try to be an open book about my job and my store.

Also if you search "PetSmart: Behind the fish wall" you'll find an old article on FishLore I wrote way back when I first started that dwells into the fish care although since we have a new tank system things have changed a bit.

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

The full time managers had a meeting and were aware of the management structure change and were offered to move to new full time positions or could step down and be part time. As far as I'm aware nobody was 'forced' to move to part time.

Honestly, that sounds pretty coerced to me.

A lot of those reddit comments seem pretty troll'ish. Hopefully most of this is just overblown misinformation. I will say that a lot of what I've seen in corporate restructuring involves deliberately keeping employees and even management in the dark as to what is really happening. The shoe drops later on and everyone who should have had accurate information as to what was happening gets totally blindsided. Hopefully that's not the case with you guys. But best of luck regardless.

My store was aware of the change months ago lol

Although I think we were one of the "tester" stores and I was told I could say anything even to my friend working at a store in another district till it rolled out nationwide. So yep.. Shady, but so far even my friend over there confirms that things aren't nearly as crazy as people say. She ended up stepping down and going PT since shes going back to school

Sent from my LGLS660 using Tapatalk

Archived