Hello Everyone-New to the forum

saltwateratx

Hello, my name is Andrew and I've been meaning to join for a while but been extremely busy with tank maintenance and work. I started this hobby about 1 1/2 years ago with a 5.5g FW fish tank for my 3 year old. All I can say is that I was addicted out the get go with moving to a 46g FW tank, then picking up a DSA 105g Pro reef setup all within about 6 months or so. 6 months ago, I added a 75g predator tank and of course the most important quarantine tank.

I've had a few bumps and bruises along the way as I initially started without the QT process and found myself with 9 fish in my DT(M/F Blue Throat Triggers, Cardinal, Pair of Ocellaris Clownfish, FoxFace, Pair of Green Chromis, and a Naso Tang) all which seemed to be doing really great until that one day. I first found my Naso tang had jumped out of the tank between the opening in the back of the canopy, 2 days later it seemed my female trigger was sick with fin rot but it wasn't. 4 days later my tank was empty as all fish had died from what appeared to be flukes.

Needless to say, I learned my lesson the hard way and because of folks like everyone on this forum I have become a more educated reefer and established many great practices to prevent a situation similar to what happened before.

Currently I have only the following setup and running

46g FW, Patty's, Mollies

105g Reef with Kole Eye Tang, Yellow Tang, Diamond Goby, 1 Ocellaris Clown(the two were fighting way to much), Purple Dottyback, 2 Firefish, cleanup crew and corals,

75g Predator tank with a Picaso Trigger, Lionfish,

20g QT currently stock with a Blue Hippo Tang that will go in the DT if healthy.

post-4102-0-67893900-1437514747_thumb.jp

post-4102-0-35492400-1437514749_thumb.jp

Never underestimate the value of having the wife and kids on board. Though that can make it difficult to sneak in big purchases lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never underestimate the value of having the wife and kids on board. Though that can make it difficult to sneak in big purchases lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preach it brother, this is so true. My wife notices everything, she even calls it the day something is going to molt.

Welcome wave.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. We have all learned that lesson, some more than once. The good news is that the clown fish were probably fighting to determine dominance and decide which would turn into the female. It's uncommon for Osc. Clowns to fight conspecifics otherwise.

Archived