Sunrise Dottyback $15.99

I saw two Sunrise Dottybacks at the Petco in the Stonehill Shopping Center for $15.99. One was 3" and the other about 1". Both were active, alert, and looking for food when you approached. They're normally like $30-40, so I thought this was a good deal.

They also had turbo and Margarita snails for $1 each.

post-2552-142655163219_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Good for a Petco is still below average for a store specializing in saltwater. They really don't know how to take care of the corals and the lights aren't strong enough for more than mushrooms. A lot of prices are super high, but sometimes there is a diamond in the rough. I don't go there often but I'll post if I see something that is a good deal. I would have bought it myself if I could put fish in my tank.

Good for a Petco is still below average for a store specializing in saltwater. They really don't know how to take care of the corals and the lights aren't strong enough for more than mushrooms. A lot of prices are super high, but sometimes there is a diamond in the rough. I don't go there often but I'll post if I see something that is a good deal. I would have bought it myself if I could put fish in my tank.

Of course. I'm not sure how the systems over there are but i know here it'd be impossible for me to have lighting strong enough for (some) corals on my system as we just run 48" T5 bulbs. But at least over there they can quarantine tanks from their main system. Or i think they do it in sections. Either way, more than I can do at PetSmart. There's a ton of crazy policies and procedures that can interfere with getting things the way they need to be sometimes. Im finally getting my district manager to let me order 12 more UV sterilizer bulbs for my system as they haven't been changed in over a year

Archived