Hello everyone. I'm excited to meet ya'll.

Damon

Hi everyone. I'm Damon and I'm going to be joining the reefing comunity in Austin. I'm another one of those California transplants and will be in Austin off and on for a while. At least I did go to Austin high for a year. Go Maroons lol. Anyway I live in norcal and travel the bay area a bit, so I can find that rare coral if someone is into that type of thing.

I'm looking forward to setting up a tank (with my roommate who's new to reefing) and getting to know some of the reefers out there.

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Well I'm not set on a tank size yet. I have some stuff I'm going to be useing, but don't have the tank, stand, or sump yet. I'm not set on size, but thinking about something between a 55 and a 125. My roommate will be taking care of the tank at times while I'm gone and I don't want to go too big on him haha. I've got a reef octoups controlable skimmer, a korallin cal reactor with a ph probe, reefkeeper with ph probe (double safety on the cal reactor), a minimax reactor, and two or three black boxes for lights. I might have a few other things in storage that I can't remember. I have not had a tank for quite a while and am looking forward to unpacking some storage ;)

I love to surf, so it's hard to move away too far from the coast. I'm hoping to get to try some wakesurfing out there to keep my addiction satified. Austin would pretty much be my perfict spot of it had a real beach... and maybe a reef or two do dive on while I'm daydreaming haha.

ha ha, ya I got to get to warm water someday. I'm defenatly a nor-cal surfer. I'm looking forward to riding the lakes here with a wetsuit. Should have the place pretty much all to myself before the weather heats up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived