Berghia

victoly

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"

Are there any predators to Berghia nudibranchs?
peppermint.jpg

Please keep in mind there are times when creatures considered "reef safe" do not act as expected. But, generally speaking, the creatures below are those you should be most concerned about when adding Berghia.

Any fish that aggressively hunts the live rock at night for food other than algae, including some Wrasses, Butterflyfish and some Dottybacks. It's hard to predict fish behavior. As a general rule if your fish spends a lot of time "hunting" your reef on a regular basis, especially at night, it is suspect for hunting Berghia.

Shrimp that scavenge at night: Peppermint shrimp are the worst, also Coral Banded shrimp and possibly Camel shrimp (does not include Cleaner or Fire shrimp).

Aggressive crabs that scavenge for food: Sally Lightfoot crabs, Arrow crabs, Pom Pom crabs, live rock crab hitchhikers and Emerald crabs that have no algae to eat (does not include Emerald crabs with algae available to eat or any Hermit crabs).

Also, Aiptasia may eat a Berghia nudibranch if it is accidentally dropped directly into the Aiptasias mouth area. So be careful when adding them to your tank."

Sorry rory. That'd be a bad day to see $100 bucks get eaten, and have it not be you with a nice steak.

OK, so, we're at 19 total for 4 people. If we split shipping, it's 12.5 per person plus berghia cost. I'm game to do it either way, with my preference being to do it sooner than later.

• 3 weeks later...

order is going to go in tonight to ship tomorrow. order will be shipped to my office (near aquadome). we're not gonna make free shipping so the cost will be split evenly amongst all participants.

Need 300 for free shipping. We're at 18 berghia, to get to free ship we need 25. Basically all 4 participants would need to buy an extra 1-2 berghia. Each berghia costs 12.79, which is pretty similar to the cost of shipping on a per person basis. It's close....One more participant would probably do the trick.

I recently sold all mine to Unilimted Color Coral in Houston after they cleaned up my tank. I am sure the will match the group buy and will be cheaper to ship since he's in Houston. Owners name is Chris and is a super nice guy. Got great stuff from him in the past.

https://m.facebook.com/unlimitedcolorcorals?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Funlimitedcolorcorals

Building An Obsession

Acrylic fabrication

BuildingAnObsession.com

Archived