Fish act like they are starving all the time

hydropath

Hey guys, are fish always hungry? I feed my fish two times a day. I alternate between omega one pellets, omega one flakes, frozen mysis and frozen brine. The fish act like they are starving all the time. They are all healthy and a couple of them are fat as ticks. Should I feed more?

Fish always look like they are hungry lol. It's like Pavlov's Dog. The fish have come to expect a feeding at a certain time or when you approach the tank.

I feed my fish once day and they are good to go. I might throw a little extra during the day now and then but other than that, once a day.

I just look it as my fish are excited to see me whenever I come in the room. If your fish look healthy and not emaciated then I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh yea all of those fish will come out when it is feeding time. I do not have a Royal Gramma but all the other fish I have or have had and they go nuts when I walk up to the tank. They freak out even more during feeding time

My tangs and chromis always act like I haven't fed them for a week. I feed them once a day but sometimes I unintentionally skip a day. I have let them go several days when I was on a trip with no obvious ill affects.

Archived