Quiet Return Pump???

Mako

My mag 5 was loud as all get out. Currently using a first gen jaebo DC pump and it is completely silent. Only way to hear it is to look in the display and listen for water trickling into the overflow. Otherwise you wouldn't know it's on. Being said, they have a crummy track record for reliability. Id take long lasting over quiet any day. My next pump will be an eheim 1262

The DC pumps will be the quietest. No hum...

I'm running two Jebao DC9000s. All you can hear are the impellers.

Also only running DC powerheads abd skimmer pumps as well. All you hear is ramping up and down of the impellers.

Btw: The return pumps are controllable as well. To go past the 6 speeds on the controllers I also added a dial controller inline for super fine control. No more messing with the drains on the bean animal setup.

Sicce, For the price, best GPH per $ when considering decible lvl. Ehiem a close second

Im for Sicce as well. i just upgraded to one from a mag 7. That mag was excessively loud compared to the sicce. The sicce actually makes no noise whatsoever. They come with a 5 year warranty as well [if you actually register it].

Then I lucked out too. They replaced my entire 4.0 when the magnet cracked after 11 months.

Of course, I didn't tell them my ATO was only 2 months old at the time, and I had a bad habit of not topping off before that!

They replaced mine probably about 4-5 months ago as well.

Real nice southern belle at thier home office. I called and acted stupid : "My pump didn't come back on after a water change, what do I look for??"

Good luck!

Archived