FREE FRAG PACK!!! PLEASE VOTE ON THE WINNER HERE

bigsby

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I decided today that I would like to offer a free frag pack.

I think the best way to give everyone interested a fair chance is to have anyone who is interested post a RECENT picture of their current setup and give a brief description of why they think the should get the frags. I can either choose a winner at random or we can figure out some way to get a vote going so everyone is involved. I would prefer the vote but I don't mind either way.

I don't care how big or small your tank is, or how clean or dirty, or anything like that. All that matters is that your tank is cycled.

I would just like to do something that encourages more people to post on here and share their experiences whether good or bad with the club. All input is helpful to someone and we would all love to see everyone progress and what they have accomplished in the hobby.

So maybe you have wanted to try out a couple of SPS pieces and don't want to spend the money on something when you don't know whether you have the capabilities to keep it alive. Or maybe you just bought a few frags and don't want to spend the money on anything at the moment, or you just have a fowlr tank and really just wonder if keeping corals is for you.

Please if you have more than one tank pic only one. If you post a second only the first will be considered.

I am starting this at 12:01am November 5th

And will be letting it go until Sunday November 9th at 6pm.

So, with all of that being said I'm sure you are wondering where are the frags?

The frags pack is as follows:

1. Green Toadstool Leather

2. Forest Fire Digitata

3. Pink Digitata

4. NeonGreen Birdsnest

5. Pink Birdsnest

6. Montipora Confusa

7. Red Montipora Capricornis

8. Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoas

9. Green People Eater Paly

10. Fairy Dust Paly

11. Small Frogspawn

12. 3 Blue Mushrooms

Unfortunately I just got a new phone and my laptop is at my sisters house so I don't have all of the photos I just downloaded but I found a few photos of the mother colonies that I can still post. I will try to get some pictures of everything up asap.

Radioactive dragon eye

post-1459-0-43999800-1415252740_thumb.jp

Frogspawn

post-1459-0-49057100-1415252729_thumb.jp

Montipora Confusa and Toadstool Mushroom

post-1459-0-31376700-1415252143_thumb.jp

Red Montipora Capricornis

post-1459-0-96147900-1415252057_thumb.jp

Neon Green Birdsnest

post-1459-0-63137100-1415252030_thumb.jp

Hello, my name is Cameron as many of you guys know. (Even in my username) I'm 14 years old and don't have a lot of money. I have a 100g mixed reef tank! Only reason I have my tank now is because of my AMAZING PARENTS. I couldn't of bought anything without them. I make some money from chores and some from washing cars for neighbors. It's really hard to such awesome corals as the ones Bigspy is giving away due to finance for my tank. I spend everything I earn on my tank. I have only 4 SPS pieces but they are doing great. I also have several LPS and zoa pieces, so it would be great to expand my small collection of corals. I would LOVE to also use these corals for my science project! I hope I win this frag pack and best of luck to everyone!post-3750-141532263831_thumb.jpgpost-3750-141532266107_thumb.jpg

6b11a9741bf6f510b31ebde040676414.jpg

I just flipped all my rocks today, because the diatoms were growing very thick on the other side. I think of the rocks like halfway done pancakes.

You can't tell because the uncured rock is on top and in front, but it's about 1/2 live rock and 1/2 limestone from aquadome. Tank has been set up a little over two months now, and with some purple algae growing amidst the diatoms (and a few little pink bristleworms) I got excited about possibly keeping corals, and not just a fowlr tank as intended.

Alas, it is too cost inhibitive. Which seems extremely silly, after buying a big protein skimmer and phosban reaction chamber, that $10 for a frag might break the bank. But bills, man. All the savings and cards were used to set it up, so stocking will be a slooow process.

Unless, miraculously, I got a starter set like this!! I'm /relatively/ certain I've done enough (mountains of) research on each of those species - and will do more - to ensure their survival.

Also:

6fb0c76273a33d4a9b377b9e8e14897d.jpg

We have the lighting for corals in as of Today! Hanging it up tomorrow, and will attach updated picture before this little lottery ends.

In closing, it's a 55 gal with a clownfish, loosely plan on getting turbo snails and a sixline wrasse in there next weekend. I've had freshwater for about 8 years prior to this big conversion. Even with that experience, feel like a wide-eyed noobie. Grateful to have found this forum through friends :)

Awesome guys!! Thanks for posting! Good luck to everyone. I am trying to put together a second smaller frag pack for a the runner up. I hate the thought of just one person being the only one that gets anything. I will update the thread and see what I can pull together.

Can't wait to see some more people post!

6b11a9741bf6f510b31ebde040676414.jpg

I just flipped all my rocks today, because the diatoms were growing very thick on the other side. I think of the rocks like halfway done pancakes.

You can't tell because the uncured rock is on top and in front, but it's about 1/2 live rock and 1/2 limestone from aquadome. Tank has been set up a little over two months now, and with some purple algae growing amidst the diatoms (and a few little pink bristleworms) I got excited about possibly keeping corals, and not just a fowlr tank as intended.

Alas, it is too cost inhibitive. Which seems extremely silly, after buying a big protein skimmer and phosban reaction chamber, that $10 for a frag might break the bank. But bills, man. All the savings and cards were used to set it up, so stocking will be a slooow process.

Unless, miraculously, I got a starter set like this!! I'm /relatively/ certain I've done enough (mountains of) research on each of those species - and will do more - to ensure their survival.

Also:6fb0c76273a33d4a9b377b9e8e14897d.jpg

We have the lighting for corals in as of Today! Hanging it up tomorrow, and will attach updated picture before this little lottery ends.

In closing, it's a 55 gal with a clownfish, loosely plan on getting turbo snails and a sixline wrasse in there next weekend. I've had freshwater for about 8 years prior to this big conversion. Even with that experience, feel like a wide-eyed noobie. Grateful to have found this forum through friends :)

Great start so far. It's great to have some new people in the hobby. Don't be intimidated. This is a great forum with a lot of very knowledgeable and experienced people. I completely understand the intimidation factor, I at one point shut down my tanks for over a year and half due to a move and when I started back up after I moved again I was unsure whether or not I would be able to get back to where I was or even if I could keep anything alive. Once you get a fish or two or really anything alive and keep it that way you will only have more confidence in yourself and it will only build from there. I personally enjoy keeping corals more than fish. Don't get me wrong, I love the fish and the tank wouldnt be the same without them, but there is nothing like the enjoyment of successfully growing and propagating corals. It takes a learning curve but we are all here to help and many have much more than just advice to offer. This is an amazing club and I can guarantee I would not be at the same place in the hobby as I am now without this forum and the people that offer so much to it. It's become much more than a hobby and I would consider it more of a lifestyle at this point. Many of us live for our tanks and wouldn't change that for anything.

I am glad to see you guys on here and hope to be able to watch your passion grow for this amazing hobby.

My name is Amanda and I am JUST starting to try my hand at corals other than zoas. I have definitely learned through trial and error in this hobby and even after 2 crashes im still goin full force. I have a 29 gal Biocube retrofitted with A Radion xr30w which I absolutely love!!! If I'm not working im messing with/staring into my tank. This is such an amazing hobby filled with so many cool people who are eager to teach and learn as well. 4b3b1e97690b74450b4099120ec696dd.jpgc17ea424f3a16bd6be83f8908c513f20.jpg

[emoji225]Manda[emoji226]

post-3493-14155865469_thumb.jpg

This is my 140G rimless tank that I bought from olaggie (Chris). I've been in the hobby for 14 months. I started with a 55G then a 120G then this 140G has been up for 2 weeks. I have a mixed reef but I am fond of acans, scolys, bankis and euphyllias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call them lurkers. They have just for one reason or another decided to not dive in fully to the reef club. I will say this to them though. This is a great group of people and a lot of them are really generous and knowledgable and you get out what you put in. The more involved you get with the club the better the experience is. At least that has been my experience.

I mean lurkers in the best way. As in its cool at we were able to get some of the people who dont normally post, posting about their tanks and hopefully starting a snowball effect to get them fully dived in and getting to know everyone :3

Agreed guys. I really hope this has done exactly what you guys are talking about.

As far as these guys we (or I) need to decide on a winner and a runner up.

Is there any way to set up a vote cause I would much rather that than anything else.

I know most forums has an option to make your thread into a poll. Try editing your first post.. or making a new thread. Its normally an option under the text box by where you attach pics and mess with the settings of your post

Alright vote is up. Please pick who you think the winner should be.

Any suggestions on how long we should run the voting for?

I was thinking Tuesday or Wednedsay evening personally.

Awesome Josh!! Glad to hear. It was great meeting you and enjoyed the chat. Feel free to stop by anytime. I should have shown you my gsxr in the garage I wasn't even thinking about my criuiser sitting in the driveway still. We will have to go ride sometime! I was so caught up talking about fish and corals the bike comment didn't even click in my head.

Archived