Hi, from a 14 year old with a reef tank!

Cameronbherring

Hello,

My name is Cameron Herring, and I'm 14 years old. I have had freshwater tanks and bettas in the past, but last year in August of 2013, I convinced my mom for my birthday to buy me a 40g breeder saltwater tank. I've always like fish and the ocean so I wanted to recreate it. I read over 20 books and spent hours of researching how to take care of them. It had algae all over the tank but came with a clownfish and two other fish. All I ever wanted was a clownfish. I was content with all of those fish and didn't want any other fish. Until I went into a fish store, I saw the all of the coral and fish. So coral was a must have once I saw the beauty of it. I bought a BML light for it this August and got into coral. Now my tank is looking really nice, and I have added a few new fish and some coral. I convinced my mom a month ago to let me buy a 100g tank which I am currently setting up. I'm about to make a build thread for. Thanks for your time! Also any advice you would like to give would be awesome!post-3750-141411834615_thumb.jpgpost-3750-141411840621_thumb.jpgpost-3750-141411845437_thumb.jpgpost-3750-141411848087_thumb.jpg

Welcome! +1 patience in this hobby is a virtue. Frequent visits to this forum are helpful for any issues along the way. Many of us are still trying to learn new concepts after years of reefing, and you can spend a life time trying to understand the biology of how this all works. But one thing is sure, you can have a fantastic tank by simply understanding and following the basics. Great start! Last piece of advice...don't panic!

• 1 month later...

Archived