Saltwater Mixing Station 2.0

Richard L

Ever since I added my 160g frag tank to my system my once robust mixing station became anemic. Getting ready to rectify that now. The system is centered around two 110 gallon and one 55 gallon inductor (inverted cone style) tanks. I went with inductor tanks so that I can drain them completely and I believe they will efficiently mix salt and kalk since there is no where for solids to drop out or build up. Hope to plumb them up this weekend.

post-2030-0-03711500-1414096628_thumb.jp

Nice! Maybe you should run some hoses outside the garage for RO and DI and install a money operated saltwater/RO dispenser.

Just pull your car up, insert cash or swipe your credit card, and presto, the pump turns on and doles out premixed saltwater and RO water.

You could even run a 3rd for drinking water or make super clean ice. The skies the limit Richard!

Sent via Tapatalk

But the real question is what would that do to the home's value?

Nice! Maybe you should run some hoses outside the garage for RO and DI and install a money operated saltwater/RO dispenser.

Just pull your car up, insert cash or swipe your credit card, and presto, the pump turns on and doles out premixed saltwater and RO water.

You could even run a 3rd for drinking water or make super clean ice. The skies the limit Richard!

Sent via Tapatalk

Showoff. Like you're so big because you do water changes.

:devil:

I know, I know. Probably next month I'll read some article about not doing water changes and go cold turkey.

Would you like me to write an article Richard? :-)

Sent via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Badass. Brs commercial in the making.

Lol, as I was cleaning out my garage I kept finding those BRS containers I've accumulated over the years. Instead of throwing them away I thought it would be fun to display them and scare the hell out of newbs as I explain the absolute necessity of keeping three different grades of GFO on hand.

low grade is for softies, mid grade is for lps, high cap is for SPS. SIMPLE!!! a mixture of all three is the best.

+1 on the mix. The trick is to keep them in separate layers in a tumbling reactor.

I've got an add-on for my apex that sieve sorts them and then replaces them back into their individual strata.

Archived