Coral ID

Mechspc

+1 not trash. There are some people that believe NO coral is trash and would happily welcome a tank of nothing but Xenia and Texas trash palys. Extreme example...but I'll say this: all corals can become a pest at some point if allowed. Even nice ones. Careful placement and pruning reduces that risk. I love stunner chalices. Just give them some space and keep them super low down. They're happy in dim light and won't shade other corals if they're on the sand. Easy to frag as well once they grow too far in one direction

I have one in my tank STILL that I have covered in sand, rocks for months, as well as super glue, and still that **** thing is alive and finding a way to grow somehow. I have a 220 gallon tank and theres not enough room for that thing even if it's in the bottom of my sump.

Place in your tank at your own risk and be super careful because they can be more fragile than a lays potato chip. If you aren't extremely cautious and aware it can be like blowing a dandelion in the wind and you will have pieces all over your tank if it falls the wrong way or if hit by accident. For some they would love it. For others it might cause them to take extreme measures to eradicate this pest of a coral. And of course to each your own, some love Xenia and GSP and Kenya trees and I have a tank specifically for them. My stunner chalice is now banished to there as well and I will forever consider it in the same category as those. ?

Looks pretty though.

Archived