Cracked Plastic Pond

jestep

I have a crack in my plastic pond. Have tried to repair it but it's in a very difficult location to repair and the plastic is HDPE which virtually nothing will stick to. Last patch worked for a short amount of time, but started leaking again after a few weeks. I don't think it's going to be weldable, again due to the difficult location of the crack.

By off chance does anyone know what model or manufacturer this pond is:

Preformed-Pond-Liner-Picture.jpg

I found this picture online and outlined where the crack is for reference. I am almost 100% positive this is the same liner, but I can't find a website selling it or any legitimate reference to who might make it.

I figure my other option would be to either use another formed tub or use a pvc pond liner inside the current tub. This is roughly 6ft long and 4ft wide and probably about 20" deep.

Any other repair suggestions would be appreciated as well. Water level is currently just below the inner benches. There's probably 500 leopard frog tadpoles as well as 20+ mosquito fish so have to be a bit careful unless I am going to fully replace it and I can remove them for the swap.

Have u looked into plastic welding. I got a degree in autobody repair and I know theu make hdpe welding rods. They use a solder iron looking thing which the plastic rod is extruded through the middle and with the heat applied forms a welded bond to the plastics. Just as anyother welding. U need aluminum to weld aluminum and so on. If u could find one of these handheld welders itd b an easy fix and a perfect seamless bond

• 4 weeks later...

We're going to replace it. I had a patch that was working, but the crack spread about 5 inches in 4 separate directions. Considered the liner, but it's getting close to the point where it's structurally unstable on the bench. There's a lot I wanted to change with the pond setup that the previous owner did, so going to be much better this time around anyway.

Archived