Oct 19, 2014 ARC Frag Swap - Updated

mFrame

Hello folks! It's about that time of year again so we wanted to gauge interest in having a fall ARC frag swap. Due to some prior commitments Richard isn't able to host this time so we're looking for both a location and to know if you want to setup a table. We're thinking that a neighborhood community center would be a great venue. So please respond here with the following:

* Do you have a community center that you are interested in hosting at?

* Do you intend to setup a tank if we schedule an Oct frag swap?

5f62ee7bcf6ec3857f9696b599da99fc.jpg5ccccf4f4cd5a42927f6386a1558fe10.jpg

The ARC Fall frag swap is a go!

who: everyone is invited to come participate (bring the family!). $10 is requested from each person setting up a frag tank to offset the venue rental cost

when: Sunday October 19th, 2pm - 7pm (access starting at 2pm, non-sellers might want to wait until 3pm to show up)

where: Rattan Creek Community Center and pool

7617 Elkhorn Mountain Trail
Austin tx 78729

what: fun, frags, and water (both saltwater and chlorinated)

We're having the swap at one of our member's neighborhood community center. This means that we will have access to a pool (are these even still open in Oct?), tables, bbq grills, as well as the air-conditioned building for the swap.

So bring a cooler to hold your drinks or acquisitions. Corals will be for sale or trade. We're looking forward to seeing you all there!

RSVP in this thread if you plan to attend!

** UPDATE **

Just a reminder that the frag swap is a week from this Sunday. It looks like we're going to have a lot of frag tanks set up as well as a few special surprises.

We'll have several types of FREE coral frags for members. These are easy to grow "starter" corals.

We'll have a silent auction for several frags and frag packs with all proceeds going toward the PIJAC Aquatic Defense Fund.

Depending on interest we'll have a basic fragging demonstration to show newbies ideas and methodologies to share your corals.

Looks to be a great time!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously folks, if you're interested in making this happen we need to know who is planning to setup a tank. The current location looks to be one of our member's community centers (including swimming pool use for the kiddos), but there is a cost associated with renting in which I don't want to do if there isn't sufficient interest. At the moment I'm asking if there are at least 10 people wanting to setup tanks and sell frags. We need to know by 9/5 to make sure we can book the venue. We're looking at the weekend of 10/18 if that helps you solidify your plans.

Yay. So we can get all our paid for Frags at the swap eh? :3

Ill have the thin green paper frags as well. I mean if I successfully frag up my 100 polyp Green Bay Packers disk ill bring a few for people to have

That is if I dont end up Ingesting or otherwise dying from palytoxin ;)

11e973ce3fdf7e138d9cdd44710d4325.jpg

Nine frags and im not dead yet. Hopefully they heal up fine in time for the swap. Im sure they will. I feel pretty accomplished today. If anyone wants to toss these in their tank as freebies, go for it. Otherwise theyll be carried in a bucket that I really dont feel like carrying lol

Archived