Port A

Stephen

I'm visiting Port Aransas this weekend and was wondering what I should do while I am there? I know lots of people on the board frequently visit here. Any recommended campsites? Bars? Local attractions?

Also, interested in catching some of those little peppermint shrimp while I am down there. How easy are they to catch, where should I look and what type of equipment will I need?

Thanks!

You'll need a net (small tank like net, not a giant fishing one), a bucket and air bubbler, a head mounted flashlight (with red light option ideally), sturdy shoes ( no flip flops), and a fishing license. Go all the way out to the end of the jetty, dig around between the rocks.

You'll need a net (small tank like net, not a giant fishing one), a bucket and air bubbler, a head mounted flashlight (with red light option ideally), sturdy shoes ( no flip flops), and a fishing license. Go all the way out to the end of the jetty, dig around between the rocks.

Just don't leave 'em in the back of your truck on the way home.

Just don't leave 'em in the back of your truck on the way home.

Yup. :(

Archived