We finally got to the Big Island and dove off of Kona as part of our 20th wedding anniversary. The seas were rough which cancelled half our dives, but we did two the morning of April 6th, 2014 and the Manta Ray Dive on April 7th. Even with the rough seas causing reduced visibility and surge bouncing us around, the manta ray dive was freakin' awesome. We'll be going back next year when it's calmer to do it again.

Pics or it didn't happen!

I included a link to the best video. I have 17 more, most of which I posted on my FB page (which I reactivated just for this). My FB name is just like my ARC name, so send a request and watch tons of mantas :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Fyi stayed at the Fairmont orchid in kona .. such a nice place. Found out hotel guests have rights to access a high end community nearby behind a guard shack nearby called #49 black sand beach ... well there is a nice cove beach with all the tropical fish

Sounds wonderful. Awesome video of your night dive. Did an interesting night dive while stationed in Guam. Apra Harbor where a ship called Tokai Maru sits atop another (Ship or sub, can't remember) called the cormorant. Cool dive, but nothing like what you saw with all those awesome rays--Good stuff!!!

Archived