How to post a video

FarmerTy

Hi all,

In the spirit of trying to get more reefers to post videos of their tanks, I've decided to do a step-by-step write-up on how to do it quickly and efficiently.

1) Shoot video (I'm begging you! Please turn the phone sideways so we don't have to look at tiny vertical strips of video with black bars on either side)

2) Upload to Youtube (setup an account if you don't have one already)

3) Click on your icon pic (little circle in the top right of the screen with your picture) and select "Creator Studio" in the drop down menu.

4) Click on the left side of the screen "Create" and select "Video Editor"

5) Drag your video to the "Drag video here slot"

6) Checkmark the options for "Auto Fix" and "Stabilize Video"

7) Click on "Audio Tab" and turn the volume all the way down (unless you enjoy the sound of water splashing and pumps)

8) Click on the "X" to close the video options

9) Click on the "Musical Note" tab for the audio

10) Pick a lovely background song (you can preview by clicking the play button) and drag it over to the "Drag audio here" area below your video

11) Click "Publish" in the upper right of the screen

12) It'll jump to a screen that says your video is currently being processed

13) Click on the small share tab towards the bottom of the screen

14) Scroll down and copy the link

15) Paste it directly into your forum post and you're done!

I'm sure there are a million other ways but this is as simple as I could do it without using another program or editing software. Now let's see those FTV (full tank videos)!

-Ty

No problem Kim! I figured why not since some people have been asking about how to do it.

Our tanks are full of life! Why not enjoy them in all the glory of video where we can see all the interesting movements instead of a still shot? Plus, nowadays, everyone pretty much has an awesome video camera right in their pockets at all times. Let's share the joy we get out of our tanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Here is a really crappy quality video I shot a couple of weeks ago after I removed all of my acans and chalices. I didn't realize my center metal halide was already off for the day. But you can still get a glimpse into my tank.

• 3 months later...

Archived