Fragged tank

Dustin Pedretti

Ok so for those of you who havnt seen it I have a new build thread going. I want to have an attached frag tank under the stand to eventually try to negate the cost of maintenance (not really looking to make a profit) I recently moved my bearded dragon to a 6' long enclosure and have his old tank left. I was going to sell it but I got this idea that I might be able to use it for my frag tank. As I was cleaning it out I see a sticker saying not to fill with water. I filled it any ways wondering why the sticker was there...it held but you shoulda seen that glass bow. Now to my question...can I put some kind of euro brace in this thing to make it safe to use without blowing out?

I wouldn't risk it. If there's a sticker that says not to fill it with water, it's probably for a good reason. I'd hold out for petco's dollar per gallon sale and pick up a new tank cheap or buy a used one cheap off here or CL.

Reptile enclosures are not designed to hold water long term. Even if you brace it, you will still find yourself cleaning large amounts of water off the floor. Buy a used aquarium from the forums or cl and save yourself the trouble.

Archived