In Loving Memory

Jake@River City

Quick update, food will be ready in about 1-2 hrs and I will drop it by the house. I will also ask about funeral services and will update when I have any information. Thank you all!

For a community who by definition almost always has to take things painfully slow, this response developed beautifully and very quickly. Thanks for spearheading Ty.

Well said my friend.

Agree with $, the family will have tons of flowers. The last time I spoke to Tim we were at my house and he discussed in length how his battle has taken a toll on him but he wasn't giving up. He was always smiling about defeating it everyday of his life, never wanted anyone to feel sorry for him at all. I had a close neice pass of leukimia at 9 yrs of age and told him about her. I am very proud to have know him in a personal setting. RIP my friend. I will be getting with u TY.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Jeremy, I have added your words as I feel the family would be very happy to read it. Thank you for sharing.

I don't know what the funeral arrangements will entail (specifically burial vs cremation), or if this is stepping on toes, but in addition to the food and money, there are two things i had in mind.

#1) If you have a coral that you got from tim, frag it and pass it on. Mike (woods), that cyphastrea i fragged for you, it was from Tim. Don't worry about paying or trading me back for it. I also have an oregon tort (brown/green body with light blue growth edge) frag that is doing exceptionally well that I would love to pass on to someone with an SPS appropriate tank.

#2) (Here's the one that is up in the air). If it's a traditional burial, if it's alright with the family, maybe we could send some frag plugs with him? With messages sharpied on them or something? Maybe they don't even have to be buried with him, just given to the family. But it might be neat to have a collection of everyone's different kinds of frag plugs with short messages to Tim.

If someone is willing to spearhead the frag plug idea, and get me all the frag plugs, I'd be happy to get it to the family. I'd imagine this will take longer than tomorrow for the service so we can just give it to them when we receive all the donations and give them the cash and the frag plugs at the same time.

Let me know if someone is willing to do that. Great idea Victoly!

People wishing to contribute through ARC can do so through the store here. Search for Donations, ARC Helping Our Own (http://www.austinreefclub.com/store/product/65-arc-helping-our-own/). The default cost is $10, just add as many as you want to contribute. 100% of donations will be forwarded to Tim's family.

Additionally, we are looking at naming the ARC scholarships after Tim to commemorate his spirit of friendliness and "paying it forward".

• Like 3

People wishing to contribute through ARC can do so through the store here. Search for Donations, ARC Helping Our Own (http://www.austinreefclub.com/store/product/65-arc-helping-our-own/). The default cost is $10, just add as many as you want to contribute. 100% of donations will be forwarded to Tim's family.

Additionally, we are looking at naming the ARC scholarships after Tim to commemorate his spirit of friendliness and "paying it forward".

I also have a large supply of frag plus for other Southies and I love the idea.

I would love to have Tim's family present the scholarships at C4, if we keep the frag plug idea "quiet" we could gift them with a small fish bowl full of the signed frag plugs then.

• Like 1

DIdn't know the guy but still sad to hear. I am down to contribute. TY I can't do it right now as I am in class but can you pm me your paypal email address and I will send some money over tonight.

Thanks Victoly!

I was able to get in touch with the family. They are hanging in there and are leaning on each other for support during this difficult time.

I dropped off the food to them this afternoon and they will make good use of it.

20140318_135728_zps2wmbgvrr.jpg

I confirmed the funeral service details with the family and Frances had it down perfectly.

Details

Time: 3:00-4:30pm

Date: March 19th (Wednesday)

Attire: Please wear a button up white shirt if possible

Location: The service will be held at the Cook-Walden capital parks funeral home.

Cook-Walden Funeral Home

14501 North IH 35

Pflugerville, TX 78660

For all those that are planning to attend, please post in this thread saying you are. They requested for us to bring white balloons to release at the end of the ceremony. I will pick up white balloons tomorrow for everyone planning to attend once I know the amount of people coming.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Ty

• Like 1

DIdn't know the guy but still sad to hear. I am down to contribute. TY I can't do it right now as I am in class but can you pm me your paypal email address and I will send some money over tonight.

Details on how to contribute have been added to the first post of this thread. Thank you Ty for taking point.

Hi, this is Thomas Huynh, Our family would like to thank you all for sending out your prayers and thoughts to my family. When I came home today Ty was waiting at my house and I had just got home in time to meet him he explained what everyone was doing for my brother,from the paper you guys gave me I found this site and this thread. Again I would like to thank everyone if you would like to come to the funeral Ceremony is on

Wednesday at 11am to 8pm at

cook-walden/capital parks funeral home at 14501 north IH-35

Pflugervile, texas 78660

there will be two ceremonies one from 11-1PM is the Buddha ceremony, 3-4:30PM will be christian ceremony. For the christian ceremony we are bringing a white balloon to be released after the ceremony to symbolize Timothy's pure heart, you are welcome to join in

My Cell number is 512-657-3979 you can call or text me but please know I might not answer right away thanks again everyone.

Ty I know u got my donation, just letting u know I will be there tomorrow. I will hv to come from work but I wouldn't hv it any other way. I told u this TY but when u think about giving think about it this away... There are plenty of things in life to skimp on, but life and death isn't one. You will be rewarded in the big picture of it all. Sorry if I sound like a preacher but I guess that's just how I feel. When I pass I would hope that everyone shows up in mind body and spirit to help in any way they can.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow but Ty just sent you a PP for Tim's family or wherever else it is needed for.

Very chilling looking through my PM box that I never delete. Last time we met I was trading a tank for SPS frags gawking at how much better his SPS growth was than mine. Puts into perspective how insignificant many of our problems are when others are dealing with things like this as if it's just another day.

• Like 2

Thomas deepest condolences to you and your family. It was just a couple of weeks ago that he helped me with some plumbing issues on my tank. Your brother was so very wonderfull and will be sorely missed by the reefing community

Definetly puts things into perspective, well said Jestep.

Ty PP sent.