In Loving Memory

Jake@River City

10001283_10152278814199586_40930897_n.jp

Tim Huynh was an active ARC member with the handle "wizardx322". I'm sure many of you had the pleasure of being in his company. The following is a posting from our Facebook:

"We would like to take a moment to honor a good friend and member of the River City Aquatics family. Tim Huynh passed yesterday evening, March 16th, after a battle with cancer. Tim worked at River City for several months and continued to help out in-between his hospital stays. He was a genuinely great human being, I am honored to have had the opportunity to be his friend, and his smile will be greatly missed. We love you Tim."

-Jake and the RCA Crew

***** added by mframe ******

People wishing to contribute to Tim's family through ARC can do so through the store here. Search for Donations, ARC Helping Our Own (link). The default cost is $10, just add as many as you want to contribute. 100% of donations will be forwarded to Tim's family. Alternatively you can donate to Ty ([email protected]) who will be delivering food to Tim's family.
Edited by mFrame (Mike)
donation notes added
  • Like 4

Tim was a good friend and a generous person. Most of my SPS knowledge came from him (actually inherited a lot of his SPS). My tank would not be at where it is without his support, knowledge, and encouragement. He will be missed.

****. Tim was a great guy, I've never had someone help me so much with both arc and non fish tank related things. Thanks for posting this, we will keep both Tim and his family in our prayers.

So sorry to hear about Tim. He came over several months ago to trade some frags and we talked for about an hour and a half. Nice, generous dude...the world needs more people like this. RIP...

This makes me very sad to hear. Tim was a good friend and was one of the main people who got me hooked on SPS. Probably 50% of my SPS came from him.

I was just at his house 2 weeks ago to pick up some frag plugs and to get back the biopellets he borrowed from me. He looked a little thin but I just assumed by the way he was talking about it and his happy-go-lucky attitude when talking to him that he would be just fine.

He was a good man and a great contributor to this forum. He will be sorely missed.

A part of his legacy will always live on in my tank and those frags will be shared throughout our community. That way he will always live on and will be chasing those reefing dreams forever. Rest in peace my friend.

If anybody has any details on his funeral service, please share as I would like to attend if it is open to the public.

I will see if I can drop by his family and express our condolences and find out any information about the funeral services.

• Like 1

Tim and I went in together on a frag of Sherita's pink hippos at the frag swap last year. We agreed to let them grow out for a month or so in my tank and then split them since the 4 polyps were so tightly packed. He'd text me every couple of months to see if they were ready and we would trade a few lol's since these zoas refused to grow beyond the four polyps. Last week, 5 months later, we were trading text again and I suggested that he take the zoas and see if they would do better in his tank. I never heard a reply and I now imagine he had more on his plate than worrying about zoanthids. Crushes me when I think about it.

Last night I was too bummed out to respond. I didn't know Tim very well, but we were on a first name basis since I bought some frags from him and occasionally saw him at RCA. He was a great guy, and his passing is a big loss for the Austin reefing community and our community in general.

I was conflicted about 'liking' the OP, but I did as thanks to Jake for posting it.

Tim and I went in together on a frag of Sherita's pink hippos at the frag swap last year. We agreed to let them grow out for a month or so in my tank and then split them since the 4 polyps were so tightly packed. He'd text me every couple of months to see if they were ready and we would trade a few lol's since these zoas refused to grow beyond the four polyps. Last week, 5 months later, we were trading text again and I suggested that he take the zoas and see if they would do better in his tank. I never heard a reply and I now imagine he had more on his plate than worrying about zoanthids. Crushes me when I think about it.

How do we "pour one out" for Tim? Do you frag it and throw it on the ground like a drink?

Would anyone be interested in chipping in for something for his family? Tim obviously was part of our ARC family, and I think it would be nice for us, eg ARC, to send our group condolences to his family.

• Like 1