Rowa Phos vs High Capacity GFO (BRS)

sifuentes31

So i got into a discussion with some guy in San Antonio about both Rowa and GFO. He was so adamant about using Rowa Phos and didn't want to hear about anyone using anything else. For me i told him the HCGFO was better because that is what i have been using for 2+ years and has worked great for me . Still seemed like he didn't want to hear it. He also wanted to see studies done to show the effectiveness of the HCGFO. I just told him that that's what i've been using and it's worked great for me. So how do you guys feel about both and any Pros or Cons on using both of the products. Just curious....

I know that Don Duncan and Wizard prefer Rowa Phos and they had some amazing SPS tanks.

I was using HCGFO but switched back to the regular GFO to try to compare the difference and see if it's worth the extra cost.

I was using BRS GFO and switched to Phosguard because I was out of GFO and at the time could get the Phosguard locally. I was not having the same results as the GFO so I switched back and have been happy that I did.

Yup also used Phosgaurd on my 29 but didn't do crap for me. So how long will the Rowa last in lightly stock tank. I have personally never used the stuff so just wanted to know how others have faired with it.

The primary CON I have with the HCGFO is I have to change it... once in a while. smile.png Other than that it works great, if they could come up with a SELF Changing solution it would be PERFECT, well for me. I have not tried any of the others, so I'm also interested in seeing the feedback.

I use phosguard as well since I can dump it in my reactor and go. With other media I had to deal with the dust and precleaning. I change out the media on the 1st of the month. I do not use a skimmer and have a large stock and feed daily.

I also get my media from Amazon for way cheaper than the LFS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000255PHG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Intrested in Feed Back also. but i think all media needs to be changed once in a while. Excluding Biopellets.....Love this stuff.....

UHM... I guess a bad attempt at a joke. I'm saying the stuff works well, I just need to change it as needed.

Lol duh! Yeah I caught it afterwards. Ha! Too much in deep thought and bugged by that other guy who thought I was nuts for using GFO. found out later he is a store owner in SA. So makes sense now.

I have tried them all: rowaphos, high capacity, phosguard, phosban, you name it. Nothing could break the GHA outbreak until I found 4X Phosphate remover. One spoon of that beauty starved the algae in a few days. This stuff is expensive but I regenerate it and use it several times. That has been my experience.

I have tried them all: rowaphos, high capacity, phosguard, phosban, you name it. Nothing could break the GHA outbreak until I found 4X Phosphate remover. One spoon of that beauty starved the algae in a few days. This stuff is expensive but I regenerate it and use it several times. That has been my experience.

Can you share a link to the 4x phosphate remover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did someone find something distinctive in its claims of been that much more efficient then gfo? All I have seen up to this point is hearsay and claims but no official evidence or research. Would love to use it but the lack of data makes me hesitant.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So i got into a discussion with some guy in San Antonio about both Rowa and GFO. He was so adamant about using Rowa Phos and didn't want to hear about anyone using anything else. For me i told him the HCGFO was better because that is what i have been using for 2+ years and has worked great for me . Still seemed like he didn't want to hear it. He also wanted to see studies done to show the effectiveness of the HCGFO. I just told him that that's what i've been using and it's worked great for me. So how do you guys feel about both and any Pros or Cons on using both of the products. Just curious....

I can't say anything about these two products because I haven't used them, but I have used Phosguard. It didn't do anything in my tank in the four months that I used it. Proof? Cyano Storms!

I agree with Ty. It seems like a product that needs more testing and research to back up its claims. Almost to good to be true. However, on my new tank I am tempted to try it out. I mean in this hobby what's $40 and a couple of weeks?

Phosguard became a never ending cycle for me. It would rapidly drop my phosphates killing the algae...that would then dissolve back into phosphates to strengthen more algae growth. I could see it it being used early to knock out algae, but it exhausted rapidly and it was difficult to tell when it needed to be refreshed. I found it was impossible to mange long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived