Announcing the Mar 2014 Meeting

dapettit

Ty, aka JeeperTy, has volunteered to host the March Meeting, at his home.

The details:

Saturday, March 15th, at 3 pm

1315 Meadgreen Circle, Austin, TX 78758

Map to Ty's House

All are welcomed, bring the family. There will be some door prizes as well.

Premium Membership cards will be available too. Please see Robin Pettit for your card.

If you would like to bring food or drinks please send me David Pettit a PM.

Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, got a great house in north austin with BRAND new tile in the living room and dining room. Perfect for reefers! I'll notify the owner that he will need to vacate and leave his tank too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yeah, got a great house in north austin with BRAND new tile in the living room and dining room. Perfect for reefers! I'll notify the owner that he will need to vacate and leave his tank too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'll vacate for the low low price of 50% rate of return. I'll even leave the tank!

Hi all,

I've been a little busy of late but I just wanted to post some of the details of the March meeting at my place.

1) I will be opening it up to anyone who wants to set up a tank at the house to swap frags (PM me for details of setting up the tank if you desire). Niko's Reef said he'd be setting up a tank! Awesome!

2) I will be catering in some delicious snacks for everyone (eggrolls and springs rolls). I will be basing the amount I order on who has replied that they are coming so help me estimate by responding in this post as many have done so already.

3) Should be a pretty nice day out (possibly cloudy but temperature-wise nice) so this may spill out into the backyard. Obviously lots of staring at the tank inside but hanging outside is welcome for those that need a break from the 400 watt metal halides. whistle.gif Quiet you LED guys! doh.gif

4) I don't think we have a speaker for this meeting so I was volunteered/voluntold to either talk about upgrading tank do's/don'ts or I might do an SPS primer if people are more interested in that.

5) There will be a free gift for all those that attend. 1 per family/person that comes to the Ty's Mahal. tongue.png

6) If anybody is interested in bringing any food or snacks, you are welcome to. I don't have a ton in the way of drinks so if people want to focus on that, that would be helpful. I can have coolers setup with ice if that helps!

That's all I can think of! I'm pretty excited to be hosting my first meeting and getting to meet more of this awesome club. New members, you are what makes our club exciting because it gives us old reefers something to discuss and talk about. So if you are on the fence about coming, please do as we love to meet all the awesome new people that have joined our club and you could pick everyone's collective brains in person on what to do (and not do). Believe me, we've all made a ton of mistakes over the years. More than we'd like to admit sometimes. Anyways, hope to see everyone there on Saturday at 3pm at my house.

1315 Meadgreen Circle, 78758

-Ty

Ty,

If you are looking for a topic to discuss:

I am just starting to get some coral frags and wanted to get into the whole fragging thing so:

1) How to start a mother colony? what is a good base to put your frags onto? what is a good glue to use?

2) Coral dipping / quarantining corals

3) When to frag

4) How long to want before offering frags to others? healing time.

5) I imagine there are differences between zoas, palys, lps, sps and softies.

I can't think of more questions but this might get the ball rolling.

Hi all,

I've been a little busy of late but I just wanted to post some of the details of the March meeting at my place.

1) I will be opening it up to anyone who wants to set up a tank at the house to swap frags (PM me for details of setting up the tank if you desire). Niko's Reef said he'd be setting up a tank! Awesome!

2) I will be catering in some delicious snacks for everyone (eggrolls and springs rolls). I will be basing the amount I order on who has replied that they are coming so help me estimate by responding in this post as many have done so already.

3) Should be a pretty nice day out (possibly cloudy but temperature-wise nice) so this may spill out into the backyard. Obviously lots of staring at the tank inside but hanging outside is welcome for those that need a break from the 400 watt metal halides. whistle.gif Quiet you LED guys! doh.gif

4) I don't think we have a speaker for this meeting so I was volunteered/voluntold to either talk about upgrading tank do's/don'ts or I might do an SPS primer if people are more interested in that.

5) There will be a free gift for all those that attend. 1 per family/person that comes to the Ty's Mahal. tongue.png

6) If anybody is interested in bringing any food or snacks, you are welcome to. I don't have a ton in the way of drinks so if people want to focus on that, that would be helpful. I can have coolers setup with ice if that helps!

That's all I can think of! I'm pretty excited to be hosting my first meeting and getting to meet more of this awesome club. New members, you are what makes our club exciting because it gives us old reefers something to discuss and talk about. So if you are on the fence about coming, please do as we love to meet all the awesome new people that have joined our club and you could pick everyone's collective brains in person on what to do (and not do). Believe me, we've all made a ton of mistakes over the years. More than we'd like to admit sometimes. Anyways, hope to see everyone there on Saturday at 3pm at my house.

1315 Meadgreen Circle, 78758

-Ty

Very classy Ty. I'll try and be there.

Archived